• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Reprofiling a blade for me? Anyone who does this type of service?

So I LOVE my Kershaw Blurs, EXCEPT for SD I REALLY prefer a thinner front-to-back and even thinner side-to-side spear-point like on the Gerber Applegate-Fairburns (but I hate the G a-f lock since when I go to pull it out, I turn the lock on AS I push my hand DOWN in my pockets).

I was wondering if anyone could re-contour a Blur blade to look more like a spear-point, with even a sharpened back/rear blade (or false edge that I could sharpen)?
I could send them a new one in Kershaw steel OR S30v (whichever is easier to work with).

A mixture of these->
kersherbler.jpg

To make THIS->
kershaw-blur-1670blk-1.jpg

My drawing makes it look like a big LEEK, but you get the idea--spearpoint, sharpened rear.

Any ideas on who could do this for me?

NOTE: If the Blurs had a flipper and some decent jimping with a bit more of a thumb ramp, I think they'd be the perfect knife...but for the money, they're still the best in my opinion.

Last edited:
Might run it by Ralph D'Elia. He is a bladeforums member and does plenty of repairs on folders and fixed blades. Very honest and straight forward. Will tell you what can be done vs can't, or if it is worth the rebuild.

Back