• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Retraction/apology Jeff Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetguy

Gold Member
I called out Jeff Mitchell as a "flipper" in the recently closed post.... I have been in discussion with him, and he has convinced me he is NOT a flipper, so I apologize for labeling him as such. He states that he is simply a collector, and I believe him.

I will leave it up to the members of the forum to make up their own minds about him, and others on this forum, and their buying practices.

Again, apologies to Jeff.... I was wrong to "call him out". Totally my fault.

Don't know the thread, you or Jeff, but applaud the ability to admit when you're wrong. That one trait has been my underlying veto theme in everyone I've interviewed with to either hire or get hired in the last 20+ years. It affects who i'm friends with and who my family chooses to associate with. People that are wrong and can't admit it, never learn from their mistakes and have no place in my life.

I have much respect for HORNETGUY for adding this post. I appreciate it very much. I put great value on the amount of experience and knowledge contained here on the forum and I would never do anything to jeopardize my standing with the members. I will make my presence known more often while I'm on the forums. Thanks to Drew, Ben and Carl for hearing me out :thumbsup:.

I have traded with Mr. Mitchell on several occasions and never had any issues. I find the unjustified attacks on a persons character to be unethical. We see way too much of that these days. Let's be cautions with our words and our thoughts.

I have traded with Mr. Mitchell on several occasions and never had any issues. I find the unjustified attacks on a persons character to be unethical. We see way too much of that these days. Let's be cautions with our words and our thoughts.

Are you serious? We can't wonder about somebody? Where does this end?

I dealt with Jeff Mitchell Jeff Mitchell as a knife maker... it was a very pleasant experience, with timely communication.
Hi Coreman
I dealt with Jeff Mitchell Jeff Mitchell as a knife maker... it was a very pleasant experience, with timely communication.

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with Jeffery Mitchell the knife maker. I have done business with him too and he is a very fine man and talented knife maker. I am a different Jeff Mitchell and I struggle to build a bird house let alone a functioning knife.

This all started when my name was brought up in a long rant on suspected knife flippers on the Exchange forum. Since then, I have conversed with several members including the member who brought my name into the discussion. That member has since posted an apology for doing so which I respect and appreciate very much. He is a good person who doesn't like knife hoarding.

I totally understand the frustrations of knife collecting. In a lot of cases there are more buyers than there are knives. GEC in particular, has sparked a lot of interest among a wider group of collectors so we have a lot more people hunting the same knives. I personally have transitioned a large chunk of my collection from Case folders (1940-2008) to GEC (2009-2020). I enjoy trying patterns that I haven't owned before and sometimes I purchase too many of a certain pattern/release and I like to trade for different patterns. We all come from different parts of the world, have our own way of collecting and have our own opinions. I hope that we can appreciate and respect our fellow members and let's move on. Now, lets get back to one of the things that we all love..... KNIVES.

Jeffery Mitchell (The Knife Maker), I'm sorry buddy! If I had known you before joining the forum, I would have picked a different User ID like "Black Hawk" or "Rolling Thunder". And please forgive me if these 2 IDs are in use. I'm just trying to add a little humor.

Last edited:
Hi Coreman

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with Jeffery Mitchell the knife maker. I have done business with him too and he is a very fine man and talented knife maker. I am a different Jeff Mitchell and I struggle to build a bird house let alone a functioning knife.

This all started when my name was brought up in a long rant on suspected knife flippers on the Exchange forum. Since then, I have conversed with several members including the member who brought my name into the discussion. That member has since posted an apology for doing so which I respect and appreciate very much. He is a good person who doesn't like knife hoarding.

I totally understand the frustrations of knife collecting. In a lot of cases there are more buyers than there are knives. GEC in particular, has sparked a lot of interest among a wider group of collectors so we have a lot more people hunting the same knives. I personally have transitioned a large chunk of my collection from Case folders (1940-2008) to GEC (2009-2020). I enjoy trying patterns that I haven't owned before and sometimes I purchase too many of a certain pattern/release and I like to trade for different patterns. We all come from different parts of the world, have our own way of collecting and have our own opinions. I hope that we can appreciate and respect our fellow members and let's move on. Now, lets get back to one of the things that we all love..... KNIVES.

Well said...and the birdhouse comment made me chuckle. Thanks for that this morning. :)

Hi Coreman

Jeffery Mitchell (The Knife Maker), I'm sorry buddy! If I had known you before joining the forum, I would have picked a different User ID like "Black Hawk" or "Rolling Thunder". And please forgive me if these 2 IDs are in use. I'm just trying to add a little humor.
Oh I see... thanks for the clarification...

All the uproar is only because GEC is the current fad. That'll fade eventually and the same people crying about getting beat out of one will be crying they can't sell for half what they paid.
You bring up a good point. I think there are people that set alerts and they move fast on GEC knives. It doesn’t make them flippers, but people that get beat to the “I’ll take it” don’t take it well. Couple that with the fact that there are going to be people on the forum that are fueled by drama, and trying to defend yourself sometimes just makes those types really dig in.
Everything needs to be objective. Can’t make accusations and then catch up on the proof when you get around to it. Treat others as you’d like to be treated.

All the uproar is only because GEC is the current fad. That'll fade eventually and the same people crying about getting beat out of one will be crying they can't sell for half what they paid.

Well aren’t you a bundle of positivity. Hahaha.
The people who are “crying” arent dumb enough to pay the prices that are being asked of GEC’s right now. The people who will be regretting the high purchase price, are the suckers who get nailed by the “flippers.”
We’s too smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back