1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP to my good friend Derrick Bohn.

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, May 22, 2018.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I will never not miss u Derrick. FYI Fiddleback Forge would not have succeeded without him. What a shocking trajedy.

SA Condor and Etablinsky like this.
  2. mwramos76

mwramos76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Horrible news. Prayers for his family and friends. Delt with him a few times and bought many knives from him. RIP

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    what a tragedy. one of the nicest men I have encountered

4. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Truly shocking news today. Prayers to his family, friends and the whole KSF crew. Derrick and KSF were my 1st entry into the knife world. Derrick and I chatted often about knives and BBQ. He will be missed greatly...

5. bladesmith3

bladesmith3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I hadn't heard. can you share any details?

6. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    A great loss to our industry. Condolences to family and friends of Derrick.

7. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    What?? What on earth happened? This is sad news. Prayers with his family and the KSF crew. What a shock.

8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    he posted on Facebook about a bad headache last night and apparently he had a massive ruptured aneurysm today

RIP

9. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Wow. He was right in the middle of moving the business to Chattanooga.

10. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Vance is right. Just saw it on his daughters Facebook. I did not know him very well - but he was nice to me and great for the industry.

Jason

11. blue333

blue333 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Prayers for his family. I always try and buy from KSF before going anywhere else. I also subscribe to his youtube channel, and enjoy all his Bark River update videos. Even though I never met him, I feel like I know him from watching his videos and buying from him through all the years. My heart is broken for his family.

God Bless & RIP Derrick.

12. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
  13. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Truly sad news. My condolences to his family.

14. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Oh wow this is very sad....always enjoyed dealing with KSF, and I remember having a good pm’s with him about his website couple years back. Always seemed like a great guy....prayers to his family and friends.

15. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Derrick !!!!!!!

Such an easy guy to talk to. Level headed. Committed. I liked him a great deal.

16. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    :( God Bless!

17. TXGatorbait

TXGatorbait Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2016
    RIP Derrick Bohn. Tragic. Never met the man but he did alot for this indusrty. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

18. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Terrible news. My condolences to his family and friends.

19. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    This is a big loss to the knife community! Very sad news. Lots of prayers for his family!

20. prom52

prom52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2014
    This is tragic news.......smoke & prayers for his family.......he was definitely a tremendous asset to the knife community !