• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to derail Dale's thread, but I read some of the stuff Skelton pulled on those poor people on the cigar forum.
This tremendous POS wants to protect his integrity by staying out of this mess?? Integrity??? That thief doesn't know the meaning of the word.
If I was a maker, I don't think I'd get involved with him. Somehow, or someway, he will pull that shit again.
That link posted above is very educational.
Sorry to get off topic Dale......DUSTIN TURPIN is the main character in this horror show.
Joe

Very well put Wolfe!!
And true! He can't help himself and will scam again....
Joe

sorry about your troubles, rolexes especially subs are as good as cash! :eek: better in some places
That's what bugs me the most; you can go anywhere in the world; Europe japan, u.s. and a rolex holds its value,always will and is an easy sell in hard times. A custom knife, like the 2 Turpins, I guarantee youd lose more selling those,even if he had all 4, then that rolex.On consignment youd lose 25% on each one,such a bad deal this man got, I wish I never saw this thread, as I don't go on this section too much . I hate stories like this...

I hate the reality that some of our follow men have no honor and, so, do whatever they can get away with.

055a273decb47f667bbf5574f47ff280.jpg

2e2ae81beb32867d1c91ca46310f53a2.png

d9ca794aeb2e66279c33778d4ce6ef96.jpg

cf23226b176b49931e7b1c57becde7cd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only a filthy thief.....he's also nothing but a coward Dale.
So is his good 'friend' Skelton.
Joe

I think there is a reason why neither of those 2 people are on here. The heat would far too much to take. There are quite a lot that don't care for either one, outside this specific instance. Boisterous, bloviating used car salesmen types have never really gotten much love from me either.

Don't pool these guys in with part of my profession !! These guys are dishonest scum bags. Our best salesman on our lot are the most honest up front guys you could meet.

Last edited:
This jim skelton character and turpin, birds of a feather.

His books are closed;good,hopefully it will stay that way,and everyone left in it renegs on their orders....

His books are closed;good,hopefully it will stay that way,and everyone left in it renegs on their orders....

Unfortunately the many people who are on his books right now had to pay him an upfront deposit for the privilege. He's not responding to them either.

Jeez......this just gets uglier and uglier.

It does. And he has had every opportunity to do damage control and make this right (or at least to try and own up to the "mistake" and make an effort to repair it). Instead, he has chosen to totally ignore the situation and the people impacted (more than just me).

This thread has now been up for months and Dustin has plainly been made aware of it by multiple people and yet his only response has been to:

-block me on Instagram
-post a rant about how unfairly he is being treated

What he has not done, and can't do, is deny the truth of every word I have shared here.

I would like to again thank everyone who has offered me support, both publicly and privately. And thanks also to those, including our mods, who have allowed this thread to remain open and visible. There were a number of people who, for whatever personal reasons they had, tried to get this shut down as nothing more than an unproductive "bashing" thread. I never saw it that way and still don't.

I may never be made whole in this situation, and that's ok I guess. I have a great life and much to be thankful for. In the big picture, this is not the end of the world.

But, I also don't intend to let this guy skate and get away with this with no consequence. I am going to continue letting as many folks know what he has done as I can. If that helps warn someone else, than some good has come of this.

That's a superb attitude, Dale. Bravo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You are getting this support, very well deserved, because of the person you are Dale. Stand up and honest guy that wants only what he paid for.
I can guarantee you have never even thought of doing this to anyone.
What gets me, well one of the things that gets me, is how simple it would be for this degenerate to make this right. Make a couple of friggin knives, for God's sake, and apologize! How hard can that possibly be??
He is obviously selling some knives, so he has some funding to purchase materials......if he even has to.
Sounds simple to you and me, but to this douche it is the last thing on his mind. He'd rather hide and blame the rest of the world.
Sorry for the rant, but I despise when good people get reamed like this.
Joe

It does. And he has had every opportunity to do damage control and make this right (or at least to try and own up to the "mistake" and make an effort to repair it). Instead, he has chosen to totally ignore the situation and the people impacted (more than just me).

This thread has now been up for months and Dustin has plainly been made aware of it by multiple people and yet his only response has been to:

-block me on Instagram
-post a rant about how unfairly he is being treated

What he has not done, and can't do, is deny the truth of every word I have shared here.

I would like to again thank everyone who has offered me support, both publicly and privately. And thanks also to those, including our mods, who have allowed this thread to remain open and visible. There were a number of people who, for whatever personal reasons they had, tried to get this shut down as nothing more than an unproductive "bashing" thread. I never saw it that way and still don't.

I may never be made whole in this situation, and that's ok I guess. I have a great life and much to be thankful for. In the big picture, this is not the end of the world.

But, I also don't intend to let this guy skate and get away with this with no consequence. I am going to continue letting as many folks know what he has done as I can. If that helps warn someone else, than some good has come of this.

Hats off to you!! You have handled this like a Gentlemen and a scholar. while me on the other hand would prob act like a Savage if I went through what you have gone through.

You sir have the patients of Jobe (hope I'm using the right phrase).

I got burned by someone. Gave them 3 months and then sued them in small claims court, but he worked for a company, so garnisheed the money through the company.

Getting it from a sole proprietor is going to be a lot more difficult, but you can always place a lien on any ownership items (if you win), contact various supply houses and let them know, so that they may require cash up front for supplies.

If he read any of the posts. Most likely won't show up at any shows, but I would also contact any promoters and warn them of his ripping off of customers.

Maybe email IG or FB and mention he's using their sites to scam people

Make it as difficult as possible for him to do business

Typical of the scam artists excuses. I'm hurt, I'm suffering from (name your affliction) etc. Whatever it is that keeps them from making the customers knives. They're suffering from it.

He committed fraud and theft. He stole your watch when he didn't finish the job he agreed to do

Do not wait. File a police report, but they may tell you have to file suit to get your money back. However if they receive enough reports. Then they may step in and lay charges.

Stop being so patient as he's just going to wait you out and hope you go away. Then he can wear your Rolex at the half the agreed to price.

DON

some of these industry scam artists and thieves best be careful they dont end up in prison. them dudes in there would smell the bitch on these guys a million miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back