Rocketed into outer Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there was no trade thread I cant leave feedback so I am giving props here. Dexwithers is a great guy to deal with! I would not hesitate to do any kind of business with him in the future.

I don't know if that soup made you feel better Dubz, but it sure made me hungry looking at it.

I don't know if that soup made you feel better Dubz, but it sure made me hungry looking at it.

Nothing like mom's homemade soup to make you feel better, whether it does or not, haha. Something about that home cooking your familiar with. Funny how I'm 50, and still need my mommy when I'm sick. :D It was damn good though. Damn good. :thumbup:

This song was shared by our pal GSO in my music thread... give it a listen :thumbup:

[video=youtube;hWvJABzfNfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hWvJABzfNfU[/video]

JT - Thanks for the thumbs up! I am pretty proud of my daughter!

Also finally got back home from my 9 weeks in El Paso. Along with all the other mail, there was a nice package from the Tradewaters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415406068.255254.jpg

One of those nice drawstring bags from Kay, a paracord bracelet, and a thank you note for the gathering sausage. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Trade!

JT - Thanks for the thumbs up! I am pretty proud of my daughter!

Also finally got back home from my 9 weeks in El Paso. Along with all the other mail, there was a nice package from the Tradewaters.

View attachment 487087

One of those nice drawstring bags from Kay, a paracord bracelet, and a thank you note for the gathering sausage. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Trade!

Kay's bracelets are top notch. I wear mine all the time. I love that thing.

And in an attempt to catch up...

Congrats on the son, Jonny!

Get well soon, Warrior.

Good luck with the transmission, DJG.

Congrats (I think) on the new domain, WW!

Good snark from others not mentioned by name...

View attachment 487087

Them Trades are good people.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.
Had a happy, healthy little boy. 7lbs, 12oz.
Now let the fun begin! Lol. Wow! What a day...

I tried talking Dex into giving me his last parangatang.... I guess the "giving" part was the problem :D

I shall have one eventually.

On another note Julio somehow talked me into buying the WorldwoodKnives.com domain.... So now i own a domain that i have no idea how to setup. I cant even figure out how to put a picture on the page, or see the page... Or yea. Best 13 dollars i ever spent :rolleyes: :D

-snark.

LMAO!! He does make it hard to get open!!

Nope he didnt tell me that. But like i said i dont plan on selling anything from the website. I may eventually put up an info page but thats it. Just owning the domain name doesnt require having a tax id number.

I have read paypal requires the same thing once you go over 20 grand OR 200 transaction in a year or something like that. But thats a federal law not specific to paypal.

Technically i think Under current law, if you're making even as much as $1 doing anything, the tax authorities don't care if it's a hobby or a business--they want their money. They'll view you as being self-employed, you'll have to report your earnings as income, and you'll have to pay taxes on that income. Under a long-standing IRS rule, you're considered a "business" if you made any profit in three of the past five years, including the current year.

Your exactly right, just because you own a domain does not REQUIRE a tax I.D. and for what its worth, I am impressed WW, you have researched it. It was just a suggestion, and here's the reason I did. Even if your are legitimate in your earning and complaint will all the laws. It doesn't mean the IRS will not crawl in your ass if they think you owe them a nickel. Right or wrong, your always wrong in the eyes of the IRS. Even if you prove yourself, it doesn't mean its not going to be a headache for you. Things are easier if you just take the necessary precautions beforehand. That's all I was trying to suggest.

54 degrees. Winter has arrived! Sadly it's a propane fireplace, but at least it's fire.

Dunk, when I saw your picture of the fire I thought to myself... that, is an awesome idea. I took tomorrow off work, I can grab me a drink and chill by a fire in my backyard tonight. Would be just nice to sit out there and relax!

Then... I checked the current temperature..... We're sitting at -1C (30.2F). So I think I'd be best to just remove a layer of clothing and turn on the gas insert :D

Lol its not _that_ cold yet. I could man up and throw on a sweater and go sit by the fire. The one nice thing about this weather; it keeps your drinks nice and cool for you...

But tonight I take the lazy route.

You want cold.. talk to me in January, February, or March. Seasonal average last year during that brutal winter was -20C (-4F) with windchill's around -40C(-40F). I really need to get a job further south lol.

If it's freezing out, I'm sitting by the fireplace INSIDE with a coat on. In August I keep thinking it would be nice to live somewhere further north, but then Winter. Y'all can keep it.

Your exactly right, just because you own a domain does not REQUIRE a tax I.D. and for what its worth, I am impressed WW, you have researched it. It was just a suggestion, and here's the reason I did. Even if your are legitimate in your earning and complaint will all the laws. It doesn't mean the IRS will not crawl in your ass if they think you owe them a nickel. Right or wrong, your always wrong in the eyes of the IRS. Even if you prove yourself, it doesn't mean its not going to be a headache for you. Things are easier if you just take the necessary precautions beforehand. That's all I was trying to suggest.

I completely agree with you. The right way of doing things is always the best way in the long term. If you are doing it the right way from the start then you have nothing to worry about, most the time.

I have researched it a bit. And your suggestion is completely correct. The IRS can make things real difficult and like you said even if you win a case it will be a hassle, and time consuming.

I still have lots to look into and read up on.

WW - Congrats on moving forward.

Make sure and keep all your receipts for everything - sandpaper, files, oil, steel, steel wool, respirator mask refills, heat treatment, shipping, anything else you buy for working on your steel. It's all tax deductible if you end up selling anything.

I keep a separate receipt folder for each one of my "businesses" and log all receipts into their appropriate spread sheets on a weekly basis. I keep duplicate spreadsheets - (one for each type of business i.e., beekeeping, insurance sales, crafting, etc for tracking how I'm doing in each segment.) and I have a consolidated spread sheet with the info for each Schedule C line item. That way, when I go to fill out the tax paperwork for the IRS, it's all ready to go and I just go down the line.

Its 40°F here right now. And the wind is blowing pretty good. Id like to be able to sit by the fire right now.

Technically i think Under current law, if you're making even as much as $1 doing anything, the tax authorities don't care if it's a hobby or a business--they want their money. They'll view you as being self-employed, you'll have to report your earnings as income, and you'll have to pay taxes on that income. Under a long-standing IRS rule, you're considered a "business" if you made any profit in three of the past five years, including the current year.

IANAL: I'm pretty sure 'profit' in this case means income minus expenses. So keep track of your costs (receipts etc.). And I believe under federal law, you can deduct all expenses up to your revenue, but you cannot claim a loss for activities operated as a 'hobby'. Exactly what is deductible I can't tell you.

WW - Congrats on moving forward.

Make sure and keep all your receipts for everything - sandpaper, files, oil, steel, steel wool, respirator mask refills, heat treatment, shipping, anything else you buy for working on your steel. It's all tax deductible if you end up selling anything.

I keep a separate receipt folder for each one of my "businesses" and log all receipts into their appropriate spread sheets on a weekly basis. I keep duplicate spreadsheets - (one for each type of business i.e., beekeeping, insurance sales, crafting, etc for tracking how I'm doing in each segment.) and I have a consolidated spread sheet with the info for each Schedule C line item. That way, when I go to fill out the tax paperwork for the IRS, it's all ready to go and I just go down the line.

Thanks man.

I will be keeping all receipts now for sure.

Lots of stuff involved!!

It's generally accepted that the IRS, much like other sub-species of government likes to seek out and burrow in warm, enclosed spaces. The anal cavity of the small business owner is a prime habitat and, therefore, a very tempting place for them to seek out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back