Rough Rider junk

There's nothing wrong with the knife or the inscription.
It has a "tramp art" vibe on the scales.

R Ruukuu , if you're interested in home grown knives , check out Michael May Knives - Sheffield.
I was lucky enough to buy a knife made by Trevor Ablett before he passed away.
They're more expensive than RR, but each knife is made by hand, in Sheffield.

There's nothing wrong with the knife or the inscription.
It has a "tramp art" vibe on the scales.

R Ruukuu , if you're interested in home grown knives , check out Michael May Knives - Sheffield.
I was lucky enough to buy a knife made by Trevor Ablett before he passed away.
They're more expensive than RR, but each knife is made by hand, in Sheffield.
When ive got my bike serviced im going to ride to a shop in Wales and check out some knives in the flesh. I feel bad i only have one or two English knives. If i can feel them in the flesh i can pick the ones i like :)

I will google Michael May Knives.

This is what I think of when I hear someone mention Tobacco Road...
Every road here is Tobacco Road.
Tobacco Great Area :^)
Tobacco barns every mile every direction ...
But they are dying, soon only songs will left.

I really miss the Colt label. Have to admit, for an inexpensive knife, they really nailed "presentation". I'm sure Colt have plans for the TM now that it is no longer sitting with Smokey Mountain. But a LOT of people have the Colt name and logo on desks and in pockets because of Smokey Mountain/Rough Rider.

nzThi0T.jpg

NkixJxY.jpg

WbfXhz8.jpg

Those Colt knives were very nice.
I have a folding hunter with the same scales as yours and it’s hard to believe how inexpensive it was.

...To me I don't like sayings on blades, it's just a personal thing. :)
We agree on this. :D The etching wears off if it matters.

R Ruukuu I have the black cherry bone (RR1663) which is very similar to the one you got. Mine has more of a regular clip blade on it and I suspect the other blades are the same. Hope you enjoy the RR knife. I know I will buy more, but I also know that I am a confirmed Vic SAK guy and it's hard to change when you don't need to.

Last edited:
We agree on this. :D The etching wears off if it matters.

R Ruukuu I have the black cherry bone (RR1663) which is very similar to the one you got. Mine has more of a regular clip blade on it and I suspect the other blades are the same. Hope you enjoy the RR knife. I know I will buy more, but I also know that I am a confirmed Vic SAK guy and it's hard to change when you don't need to.
Yep...you cant go wrong with Victorinox. I've never had a bad one. Their qual7ty control seems excellent.

Every road here is Tobacco Road.
Tobacco Great Area :^)
Tobacco barns every mile every direction ...
But they are dying, soon only songs will left.
Yep, tobacco is still a big cash crop here in the Carolinas too.

Back