Rough Ryder Bow Trapper

afishhunter

Basic Member
I'll pass, thankee very much.

1) Single blade. In my "mind" a "proper" trapper has two blades.
(just like a "proper" not daddy Barlow has two blades, the secondary being a pen blade.)
(yeah ... I am aware there is historical president for single blade trappers and Barlow's. However, I prefer the also historically accurate two blade versions, for the added versatility.)

2) I'm not all that fond of the trapper pattern. I already have several trappers, but never carry them.
Why add more, when I know they won't do more than collect dust?

Last edited:

Henry Beige

Gold Member
I'll pass, thankee very much.

1) Single blade. In my "mind" a "proper" trapper has two blades.
(just like a "proper" not daddy Barlow has two blades, the secondary being a pen blade.)
(yeah ... I am aware there is historical president for single blade trappers and Barlow's. However, I prefer the also historically accurate two blade versions, for the added versatility.)

2) I'm not all that fond of the trapper pattern. I already have several trappers, but never carry them.
Why add more, when I know they won't do more than collect dust?

“Ttrapper” is a misnomer for the bow pattern. I don’t think of it as a trapper at all. On the other hand, I am not a fan of the trapper pattern anyway, so calling not-a-trapper a trapper is a matter of complete indifference. I still like the knife, and bought a couple of extras as gifts. My son is going to get one whether he likes it or not.

Call them and tell them your story. You might get a refund.

Its a $13 dollar knife and all the functionality is still there. I will eventually scratch it up myself. I was just ranting. First issue I have had with SMKW. Not sure I could beat the value per dollar even used on Ebay.

If it was a regular issued knife with lots in stock I would have complained but these things are selling like hotcakes and they made it easy for me to decide to actually use it instead of leaving it on a shelf. They are a good looking knife though.

joeradza

Gold Member
Its a $13 dollar knife and all the functionality is still there. I will eventually scratch it up myself. I was just ranting. First issue I have had with SMKW. Not sure I could beat the value per dollar even used on Ebay.

If it was a regular issued knife with lots in stock I would have complained but these things are selling like hotcakes and they made it easy for me to decide to actually use it instead of leaving it on a shelf. They are a good looking knife though.
Sent you a message on your profile page

I bought a few Colt/RR’s 4 or 5 years ago to try out. I won’t say they were bad value but every one had some issue that kept them out of my pockets on a regular basis. A weak spring, shallow nail nick, gaudy design elements, poor edge retention, you all know what I mean. I saw this bow trapper last week and liked the design enough to give them another try and I have carried it every day this week. It’s a winner in my book. The only nit-pick I’ve found is a little blade rap that sharpened right out. I thought to myself they are finally getting this right. Then I saw the RRReserve designs.......

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC