Round up those Cattle Knives!!

@JW225 what pattern # is that one ?
That would be a #98. They are big and were the Texas Cattle Knife. In that same series was a Texas Whittler and a Texas Camp Knife. I have several sets from that series. They are about 5.25 inches closed. Charlie Campagna had some SFOs of that series.

Right — awl’s well that ends well.
Seems a lot of folks like pocket knives with a punch blade. I have always had an affinity for jack knives with a punch. My first knife like that was on my 6th birthday. It was a Camilus Cub Scout knife which has the blades you find on the Camp Knife. I made a lot of figurines with that knife. My GECs get polished and admired as I have enough work knives for more than one lifetime.

Since I don’t own a boat I don’t need this anchor. Nice knife, but bloated.View attachment 1895304
Would not call it an anchor as many of my sailing knives with an actual awl vice the punch on these critters are as thick and often heavier. A person's preference usually varies with what they are doing. Sometimes I carry a little 2.5 inch stockman and other times as large or larger than a Texas Cattle Knife. I also like the long thin fruit knives. Face it, variety truly is the spice of life.

I've been searching for a four blader with bone covers and found this Wards on the 'bay. There's some pitting but the springs are still good and no looseness in the brass and nickel silver frame. The blades sharpened up razorlike.

0QOdAbv.jpg

I've been searching for a four blader with bone covers and found this Wards on the 'bay. There's some pitting but the springs are still good and no looseness in the brass and nickel silver frame. The blades sharpened up razorlike.

0QOdAbv.jpg
Nice one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back