Round up those Cattle Knives!!

For the most part, Cattle knives are equal-end knives with three blades. They are reputed to precede the more graceful Stockman, although often filling the same role in usage. Levine's Guide number IV has an in depth multi-page description, and it makes good reading, and clears up a lot of the terms used!! Highly recommended!! Starts on page 284 and has lots of pictures!!
This knife came to me in trade from a generous BF member who purchased it at the '23 Rendezvous!!! Because a person is limited in how many knives one can buy during the show, I didn't get one, but it would have been my very next purchase!!
I love quintessential Cattle knives, and this is one!! It has the right blades, with working finishes and firm springs, with nice action; it's ready to go to work!!
It certainly shouts traditional pocket knife at me!! I am so happy to have one; especially this one!!!SFA 2023 1.jpgSFA 2023 2.jpgSFA 2023 3.jpg
It looks like it was specially assembled in 2022; but that nice dark Ebony looks suspiciously recent!!?? 😁

Nice Cammy Cattle Phil, we can never get tired at looking at Camillus's great work there! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie that is a Beauty there- Gorgeous Ebony! Nice Knife 😲

651CvxN.jpg

This knife came to me in trade from a generous BF member who purchased it at the '23 Rendezvous!!! Because a person is limited in how many knives one can buy during the show, I didn't get one, but it would have been my very next purchase!!
I love quintessential Cattle knives, and this is one!! It has the right blades, with working finishes and firm springs, with nice action; it's ready to go to work!!
It certainly shouts traditional pocket knife at me!! I am so happy to have one; especially this one!!!View attachment 2281663View attachment 2281664View attachment 2281671
It looks like it was specially assembled in 2022; but that nice dark Ebony looks suspiciously recent!!?? 😁

Nice choice Charlie. I decided to get one also. waynorth waynorth
pc5c9od.jpg

I have the standard 35 blood bone cattle knife. And it is a great knife, don't get me wrong. But, the ebony covers with the plain propellor shield really put a nice touch on this knife. Would love to get my hands on one!

Back