Ryuichi Kawamura Knives

Arrived today. He told me he would make my favorite knife, goal accomplished :thumbsup:

LgouUZO.jpg

V2hf8sz.jpg
wow! did you correspond directly with him or through a dealer? I've seen enough of this thread that I want to get in line

Absolutely beautiful!! And sure enough that stag is out of this world compared to the pictures. Nice job scoring that one

Thanks cc

Gorgeous!!!!

Thanks dc

wow! did you correspond directly with him or through a dealer? I've seen enough of this thread that I want to get in line

Direct, he's easy to communicate with, wait time is reasonable, he shipped Friday and it arrived Wednesday. Here's a couple of more pictures.

dsDOPsM.jpg

5qtgYz9.jpg

jV0lhy4.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm overlooking the info but does anyone know what Ryu's books look like? It has to be over a year right?

Directly with him. He's very easy to talk to and a very nice and humble man.

Thanks cc

Thanks dc

Direct, he's easy to communicate with, wait time is reasonable, he shipped Friday and it arrived Wednesday. Here's a couple of more pictures.

dsDOPsM.jpg

5qtgYz9.jpg

jV0lhy4.jpg

Wow the color of that stag is amazing. Perfect.

Sorry if I'm overlooking the info but does anyone know what Ryu's books look like? It has to be over a year right?

Last I heard, it was about 6 months, but some depends on his father in laws health. Mine was originally to be 3 months but it ended up being about 10 due to that. That was about a year ago though and his popularity is rising. The one thing that scares some people is (of he hasn't changed his policy) he requires a bank transfer when the knife is complete to pay. So be prepared for that. Either way, it's well worth the wait.

After going to blade and playing with near every traditional makers knives out there, I will say this with confidence. Ryu is one of the best out there. His work is on par with any maker you can think of. Dare I say, better than many of the best. And to come from such a nice person, it's refreshing. After I get this hot rod project a little farther along, I will be ordering at least one more. I want a lockback and an improved trapper.

Directly with him. He's very easy to talk to and a very nice and humble man.
Thats

Wow the color of that stag is amazing. Perfect.

Last I heard, it was about 6 months, but some depends on his father in laws health. Mine was originally to be 3 months but it ended up being about 10 due to that. That was about a year ago though and his popularity is rising. The one thing that scares some people is (of he hasn't changed his policy) he requires a bank transfer when the knife is complete to pay. So be prepared for that. Either way, it's well worth the wait.

After going to blade and playing with near every traditional makers knives out there, I will say this with confidence. Ryu is one of the best out there. His work is on par with any maker you can think of. Dare I say, better than many of the best. And to come from such a nice person, it's refreshing. After I get this hot rod project a little farther along, I will be ordering at least one more. I want a lockback and an improved trapper.

Great info thank you very much! One positive aspect of the wait is I'll limit my purchases since I'll know my knife funds need to be high during a specific time frame.I think I'm placing an order!

Saw it on imgur. Very very nice! The stag on it is about perfect.
Thanks! I've seen yours and love the wharncliffe blade.
I ended up waiting about three years for this knife as it took him a while to find, "the stag you like."

I don’t know where he gets his stag, but it’s some of the best I’ve ever seen. Yours is def up there!

I just wonder if he has a finite amount of it or if he has a really good connection for replenishment..I've never seen mediocre stag on a knife with his name on it! Ohta too..

Sorry my pics don't do it justice, but here you go.
0c22180.jpg

yWEKAoW.jpg

If your pics don’t do it justice, then it’s pretty darn special. Beautiful. And that blade shape is one useful shape. Best of good point of a straight edge and a nice belly when needed. Lockback too? Man that’s incredible.

Back