1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by marcus52AR, May 2, 2019.

1. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm going to get one of these. timthumb.jpeg-408x231.jpg
    I wonder how long before they're available. I was tempted to grab an S30 version, but I'm happy I waited.

Mo2 likes this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'll get one of these too. Love s90v and the Shaman platform.

TenShun705 and MarriedTheMedic like this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Too bad it's not peel ply cf (real cf with peel ply texture) and M4.

But still worth it. Way better than jade g10

4. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I don't own a Shaman yet but will probably grab this one as I'm a sucker for CF. I still want a Micarta handled one!

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  5. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm happy it's full carbon fiber. I don't mind the laminate on the sage and GB, I just prefer full cf.

6. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    It will be expensive but I'm in.

7. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Peelply carbon fiber is 100% cf. It's not g10 laminate with cf layer and peelply texture.

Peel ply is just the texture on the surface. Please don't go thinking peel ply is g10 laminate like on those models. Peel ply can be applied to both.

I have a couple of spydercos that are pure cf with peel ply texture on them. They are not the g10 laminate your thinking of

sliceofaloha likes this.
  8. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    I like carbon fiber, but I personally prefer the feel in hand of Spyderco's G10, at least as compared to the carbon fiber that was on the M4 PM2 from Knife Works.

That said, I wish the G10 on the M4 Shaman was less slick. So, maybe in this pattern the CF might prove superior.

Tron2119, Mo2 and sliceofaloha like this.
  9. allhatnocattle

allhatnocattle Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Its funny, everybody always finds some nitpicky thing about a new spyderco sprint knife. Its not this or this or this and it still sells out in 30 mins or less. :D

marcus52AR likes this.
  10. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    Ah yes. The type of CF they used on the millies and the native sprint. I haven't owned that type of carbon fiber from spyderco, but generally I prefer smoother type knives.

I think with the contoured slabs the texture part on the flats might not contrast well. Just a guess, I don't know.

11. shovelhead69

shovelhead69 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I've held off on a Shaman, but this is the one for me.

12. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Still holding out for a crucarta shaman. Hopefully it isn’t price the same as this one.

rpn, mb>, Cscotttsss and 2 others like this.
  13. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    I will probably buy one but at $280 I am not 100% sure. We shall see. :)

14. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    I got mine before the price hike so at almost 90 bucks more I don’t think it’s worth it for me. I reeeeally want a cruwear shaman so I think I’ll hold out in hopes they make one at some point. This is still a gorgeous knife though and if I didnt already have a standard shaman I probably would jump on it.

15. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    That's going to be the street price? If so, I'm glad I bought the M4 version in the exchange for a hundred less.

16. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    I like the name crucarta.
    I thought about it though, and I think between the two versions I'd pick the CF version. A big factor in that decision would be the type and colour of micarta used.

I might have to buy a crucarta too if they become a reality. This will be my first shaman, so time will tell.

17. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Really like the Shaman but dat price..

With the materials and the machining involved I'm sure its not a cheap knife to make..will have to see if the budget committee allows this one.

18. "Havoc"

"Havoc" Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Already have Mine on order with Knife Center!
    Went with them this morning as they are the first taking pre-orders & I was at the head of the line :thumbsup:

Tempted to pickup 2 :D

Love me some S90V and the CF is a good bonus, now I don’t even have to pay for some aftermarket scales, lol. But still would love some Blue Micarta scales.
    But I would not have been apposed to some layered Coyote tan/Earth Brown G10. That layering would make it pretty neat with the contouring on the Shaman scales.

19. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Holycow! That is an expensive knife. PM2 with M4 steel and peel ply cf is $50 cheaper. Military with S90V steel and cf/ti scales @ the same price did not move well, even after $80 discount it still took about one year to sell out IIRC.

$250 would be the max I am willing to pay for it and even that is because I like Spyderco.

20. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    Only 1 good thing about the price. It should be available for longer than 6 or 7 minutes