1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by marcus52AR, May 2, 2019.

1. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    If this is what we can expect going forward (in terms of pricing) I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and order a Police 4 at the current price and call it quits for a while.

That should put the finishing touches on my "needs" in regard to patterns and high end steels that have captured my fancy. (At least until something irresistible comes along.)

Phew...

2. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    ^ Speaking of the Police 4, i was surprised to see the new lightweight is in VG-10. Assumed it would be K390.

Back on subject, I too was surprised at the price level of this sprint. Still looking fwd to the Crucarta.

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    K390 on the Police is coming with a different color FRN.

John_0917, Mo2 and mb> like this.
  4. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Would be interested in seeing such variations, though I am pretty happy with my g10 K390 P4 - it is not heavy at all for such a big folder and g10 + liners make it strong enough to my liking, not feeling any flexing that otherwise on FRN spydercos. Unless the LW version is significantly cheaper, I see no reason for me to go that route. Am skipping the vg-10 LW P4, though at a bit over $100 it is a good price.

5. firefighterguy

firefighterguy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Is this a sprint run or a standard production?

6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's a sprint.

7. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Definitely a sprint..says its a sprint on Spydercos website..

8. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I’m in, been waiting to grab a shaman.

9. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Gonna try my first Shaman with this one. Figure if I don't like it would be easier to move. My concern is if feels heavy or chunky. With CF my hope is it will feel lighter.

10. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd like one, but that price rules it out for me.

11. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    Will Blade HQ will publish a release date and time for this a week or so in advance?

12. 5pins

5pins

Sep 2, 2004
    It's starting to drop now. House of Blades has them in stock at the moment.

"Havoc" likes this.
  13. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    WHATTTTT!!!!??!!!! I had no idea these already released :(

I see DLT says coming soon, Knife-Center has a pre-order.

Has it officially released everywhere? I had no idea. Going to be real bummed if I can't snag one.

14. "Havoc"

"Havoc" Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    I would think they will be for sale next week as I see the Spyderco Collectors Club has already received the S90v CF Shaman a couple of days ago

15. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    There's a seller on the auction site who listed 10 last night and as of now hasn't sold any. Have we found the upper limit on pricing?

16. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    Found that seller.....Are they a trusted Seller? Can’t find if they’re a dealer...

17. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I don't think you will have a problem with that seller; I've never heard of anyone having a problem with them. And given that they are selling at MAP, I am guessing they are an authorized dealer held to the same rules as other authorized dealers.

18. Salomon Alcantar

Salomon Alcantar

May 29, 2017
    They're slowing showing up at different dealers. I snagged one at smkw while they had some, it's on its way now. Just keep a keen eye out at different dealers

19. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Man I hate that I may of missed this one. Messaged DLT to see if they're getting any or they already sold out. Need to get one. All sites appear to be OOS right now.

20. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    I just snagged one from Ye Ole Cutlery (mdggifts.com)....They have 5 left as of this msg I’m posting.

ScooterG likes this.