Sad News about Danny Fletcher

My heart aches at this one:(. I long considered Danny a true friend. We had some great debates on interstellar travel here in the cantina where Danny was convinced that an artificial gravitational field would be key to travel between systems (he called it the Fletcher Effect:)) I still have some throwing weapons turned by his own hand, a copy of his instructional video on throwing them, and Nata cleaver that I use in my kitchen weekly. I had earnestly hoped he would be getting better. What a brave man with a tough life at times. My heartfelt prayer is that his daughter one day has the chance to know about her father better.

Smoke and prayers up to his family. You are loved and missed, Danny.

At least now Danny is free to watch over his daughter and she can talk directly to him any time she wants to.

Ha..... i just found this online.
Somehow i think this is how danny would choose for us to remember him. As the incorrigible cutup that he was.....
http://vimeo.com/user7545569

2390177_300.jpg

Here is his Obituary:

http://eastgatefuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1559183&fh_id=13325

Last edited:
Thanks for your kindness Danny. Whever you are now is a better place with you there.

Sorry to hear that Danny passed. Haven't been by here in awhile so I just found out about Danny and Yvsa. :(

Bob

I am very sad to visit the Cantina after so long and find both Yvsa and Danny have gone. Yvsa I never met but have always enjoyed his posts, and the YCS is my favorite HI style. I had met Danny only once but had several good discussions with him, and exchanged knives while he was in Japan the second time. I am chagrined that he was back in my area and I didn't know he was ailing. May both be at peace.

Logged in after a few years and was sorry to see this.Rest in Peace Danny.
Regards,
Yaj.

Just found out. Very sad to hear of Danny's passing. Very glad to have known him while he was here.
Prayers for peace and comfort for his family and all who loved him.

Just saw this on another forum ... unbelievable. Didn't know he was sick.

Another one of the Good Guys of Olde gone.

DIJ urged me to read a book, "Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis," by Paul Hill. I did. DIJ swore there was something to it and I have to say I agree.

Thinking about the guy ... remember the videos he made in Japan? Still have those CDs, and the first-run YCS he parted with.

Clearly there's a spirit Cantina as well, and damn if it doesn't have some good folks in it. I remember them, and hope they let me in one day.

Mike

I still have the videos...and yes, there was a great group here once.

I've never interacted with him,but enjoyed reading his posts.

Rest in peace Danny.

My sincere condolences go out to his family & loved ones.

I still have the videos...and yes, there was a great group here once.

There still is. A mixture of old and new members for sure, but all great honest good people. The faces change but the spirit as envisioned by Uncle lives on here.

Back