1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SAK + Others pics

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by harronek, Feb 24, 2015.

1. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    I don't know if this has been already done , so forgive me if it has , but it's fairly obvious that many of us carry a SAK in combination with other knives .
    Let see your SAK + Others pictures .

[​IMG]

Ken

jmh33 likes this.
  2. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

I always pair an SAK with a traditional slip-joint

3. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Arizonaranchman

Nice Case :thumbup:

My SAK's are the only Slipjoints I carry carry anymore .
    I put all my Traditional's in a box about 6 months ago and said I won't open it up for 12 months .
    I found I was carrying them but not using them , because I always reached for my Leatherman or Modern one handed opener .
    I still love looking at Traditional's , and you have no idea how tempting it's been to open up that box , but when I finally do I will have a reinvigorated enthusiasm for them .
    Pictures like yours don't make it easy though :)

Ken

4. Eric J

Eric J

Oct 29, 2005
    I carry the Texas Jack and a SAK . My Super Tinker gets the worst jobs and the Texas Jack is for times when non-knifers are in the vicinity.

5. Hacked

Hacked

Jun 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

Old picture, torch has been replaced by a Lumintop Tool, PS4 is still going strong.

6. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rappy

Rappy

Aug 2, 2014
    :eek: Loving the pictures keep them up, making me envious "waiting on custom shop buck 112 & Swiss Champ" :cool::thumbup:

9. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I almost always carry a SAK (or scout pattern) paired with another knife. This today:

[​IMG]

10. Armenate

Armenate

Oct 1, 2014
    IMG_1187.jpg IMG_1186.jpg

This is a pretty normal carry edc. I sometimes carry a squirt PS4 or some other type of leatherman in addition to or instead of the SAK

11. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Paul ,

What model is that Easy Open ?

Ken

12. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Ken, it's the latest release of Barlow's from Mike of collectorknives.net, I added the EO notch and darkened the bone a few shades:thumbup:

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Great photo of superb knives, Paul! :thumbup::thumbup: My wife claims I have no sense of color at all, but I think the semi-matching colors of your knives is very appealing. ;)

I saw that Barlow in another thread along with a couple others you recently acquired, and the EO 77 made me sit up straighter, for sure! At the time I wondered if you had added the notch yourself, since I hadn't noticed any of the other 77 barlows sporting EO. You did a fabulous job; looks super! :thumbup::D:thumbup:

I carry this Electrician and Peanut every day. (I somewhat irrationally carry 3 or 4 other knives along with these 2, but the other knives change on a weekly basis.)

[​IMG]

- GT

14. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Gary, I appreciate your compliment:thumbup: I think a few here whether intentional or not color coordinate their knives. My attire on the other hand is more haphazard:eek:

I like the knife pouch:thumbup:

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    LOL :D I resemble that remark!

Thanks for the thumb-up on the pouch. I sort of "discovered" it in the wrist strap of an old baseball glove I was tearing apart to "repurpose" some of the leather. I can wear it on my belt, but I usually just stick it in my back pocket with the end of the lanyard hanging out for easy retrieval.

- GT

16. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Neat idea on the pouch Gary:cool:

Clip Barlow and Orange Alox Pioneer:thumbup:

[​IMG]

17. nemesis

nemesis

Nov 5, 2005
    usually a tinker and an xm18 for me

[​IMG]