1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAK + Others pics

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by harronek, Feb 24, 2015.

1. harronek

harronek Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I don't know if this has been already done , so forgive me if it has , but it's fairly obvious that many of us carry a SAK in combination with other knives .
    Let see your SAK + Others pictures .

[​IMG]

Ken

jmh33 likes this.
  2. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

I always pair an SAK with a traditional slip-joint

3. harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Arizonaranchman

Nice Case :thumbup:

My SAK's are the only Slipjoints I carry carry anymore .
    I put all my Traditional's in a box about 6 months ago and said I won't open it up for 12 months .
    I found I was carrying them but not using them , because I always reached for my Leatherman or Modern one handed opener .
    I still love looking at Traditional's , and you have no idea how tempting it's been to open up that box , but when I finally do I will have a reinvigorated enthusiasm for them .
    Pictures like yours don't make it easy though :)

Ken

4. Eric J

Eric J

Oct 29, 2005
    I carry the Texas Jack and a SAK . My Super Tinker gets the worst jobs and the Texas Jack is for times when non-knifers are in the vicinity.

5. Hacked

Hacked

Jun 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

Old picture, torch has been replaced by a Lumintop Tool, PS4 is still going strong.

6. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jerry D.

Jerry D.

Sep 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rappy

Rappy

Aug 2, 2014
    :eek: Loving the pictures keep them up, making me envious "waiting on custom shop buck 112 & Swiss Champ" :cool::thumbup:

9. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I almost always carry a SAK (or scout pattern) paired with another knife. This today:

[​IMG]

10. Armenate

Armenate

Oct 1, 2014
    IMG_1187.jpg IMG_1186.jpg

This is a pretty normal carry edc. I sometimes carry a squirt PS4 or some other type of leatherman in addition to or instead of the SAK

11. harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Paul ,

What model is that Easy Open ?

Ken

12. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Ken, it's the latest release of Barlow's from Mike of collectorknives.net, I added the EO notch and darkened the bone a few shades:thumbup:

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Great photo of superb knives, Paul! :thumbup::thumbup: My wife claims I have no sense of color at all, but I think the semi-matching colors of your knives is very appealing. ;)

I saw that Barlow in another thread along with a couple others you recently acquired, and the EO 77 made me sit up straighter, for sure! At the time I wondered if you had added the notch yourself, since I hadn't noticed any of the other 77 barlows sporting EO. You did a fabulous job; looks super! :thumbup::D:thumbup:

I carry this Electrician and Peanut every day. (I somewhat irrationally carry 3 or 4 other knives along with these 2, but the other knives change on a weekly basis.)

[​IMG]

- GT

14. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Gary, I appreciate your compliment:thumbup: I think a few here whether intentional or not color coordinate their knives. My attire on the other hand is more haphazard:eek:

I like the knife pouch:thumbup:

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    LOL :D I resemble that remark!

Thanks for the thumb-up on the pouch. I sort of "discovered" it in the wrist strap of an old baseball glove I was tearing apart to "repurpose" some of the leather. I can wear it on my belt, but I usually just stick it in my back pocket with the end of the lanyard hanging out for easy retrieval.

- GT

16. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Neat idea on the pouch Gary:cool:

Clip Barlow and Orange Alox Pioneer:thumbup:

[​IMG]

17. nemesis

nemesis

Nov 5, 2005
    usually a tinker and an xm18 for me

[​IMG]