SAK Scissors Question

Scissors on Swiss Army Knife

• With Scissors

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Without Scissors

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
I do like sak scissors and prefer to have them in most cases. However not having them is definitely not a deal breaker either.

Lee D

Basic Member
There’s times when scissors are the proper tool. A perfect example...my granddaughter hates tags rubbing on her skin, so I’ve had to remove them while she was wearing a shirt. I feel safer doing that with scissors and not a blade.

I always carry two SAKs daily, one smaller one with scissors and one medium-sized one without. With scissors: either my Executive or my Alox Minichamp. Without scissors: either my Spartan or my Pioneer.

So I can’t say I prefer an SAK with scissors, because whichever two SAKs I carry complement each other, and serve tasks the other doesn’t. I CAN say I like to have one SAK on me that does have scissors.

Jim

Gold Member
Just to be transparent, I am the one lone vote for withouto_O I rarely use scissors for anything, even cuttingChristmas paper when wrapping presents with a good sharp blade. On the rare occasion I might use them, I have a large pair in the kitchen drawer or will just use the ones on a Classic or Rambler.

Lee D

Basic Member
Just to be transparent, I am the one lone vote for withouto_O I rarely use scissors for anything, even cuttingChristmas paper when wrapping presents with a good sharp blade. On the rare occasion I might use them, I have a large pair in the kitchen drawer or will just use the ones on a Classic or Rambler.

colubrid

Gold Member
No scissors for me. The only time I use scissors is when trimming my beard and the SAK scissors is not as good as a designated scissors for that.

here's how i would place the importance of having a scissor toolblasde.
personal tool preference listed down
according to my order of importance :-
must have a large bladetool.
must have a flat screw driver.
must have a file/metal saw
a scissors would be nice .
an awl/reamer would be nice
a small blade would be bice
corkscew (only because i need the mini screw driver more)
and a pliertool would be aa great addition.

Personal preferences and all that... after getting a couple of SAKs with scissors, I find I don't really use them.

If I really need scissors, I have several sizes with handles better suited for my hands than a SAK set.

I voted "without".

greatscoot

Some other kind of crazy.
Gold Member
No scissors for me. The only time I use scissors is when trimming my beard and the SAK scissors is not as good as a designated scissors for that.
Yeah, but when you are out and you get that wild mustache hair that doesn’t want to be tamed....SAK SCISSORS!

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC