SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Got another one for y'all.

Lots of people want an 84mm version of the Victorinox Compact. Sadly, it's not happening. The next best thing is...

Victorinox Waiter + Leatherman Style CS = Sub Compact :p

The Waiter is a single layer 84mm knife which is basically one half of a Compact. It has a knife, the bottle/can opener combo tool w/ wire stripper and flat/phillips screwdriver capability, a corkscrew, a toothpick, a set of flat tipped tweezers, and a pin slot at the base of the corkscrew. You can easily add a mini screwdriver to the inside of the corkscrew and you can also stick a pin into the pin slot.

The Style CS is a spring assisted scissor-based keychain/pocket multitool which is 2.9" (~74mm) long when folded. and 4.5" (~114mm) when fully deployed. Beside the scissors, the Style CS has a long nail file w/ a small combination flat/phillips screwdriver tip, a sturdy chisel ground knife blade, a pair of angled tip tweezers, and a carabiner hook with a spring clip closure.

With a Waiter and a Style CS combined, the only thing you're missing from the Compact's toolset is a pen.

"What about the parcel hook?", you might ask. The Style CS actually has you somewhat covered for that too. The carabiner hook can be used in the same or similar manner as the parcel hook in many cases, but don't expect it to be equally as sturdy/robust. If the carabiner's spring clip is getting in your way, then it can be removed and reattached later, but don't do this too often or you will wear out the clip.

Drawbacks:

-The scissors on the Style CS are excellent and they feel great to use, but they're still not quite as capable as Victorinox's scissors. Even after all these years, Vic still makes some of the best folding scissors in the world.

-No pen.

-No parcel hook, but a lot of people never use that tool anyway. The carabiner hook can fill in the gap somewhat, but it's not as sturdy. You can bend it if you're not careful.

Hope eveyone has a good easter.
I'm just pottering in lockdown, Wife was confirmed with covid late yesterday.
Kids are not happy.
Sorry to hear about the wife. I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.
I'd almost be willing to wager that she, her employer (if applicable) you, and the rest of the family are not exactly thrilled about it either.

Is the brite yellow SAK a Huntsman?

Sorry to hear about the wife. I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.
I'd almost be willing to wager that she, her employer (if applicable) you, and the rest of the family are not exactly thrilled about it either.

Is the brite yellow SAK a Huntsman?
😄
She is the employer runs her own cafe/takeaway. It was closed for Easter.
Means we will lose a few more days revune. The sister in law works with her & our eldest works for her. Including the wife & sister 4 staff are postive, joys of working hospitality😉 The youngest is dirty as she can't go driving recently got her learners permit. We will get there👍
It's a climber mate.

A2VaYMx.jpg

Back