Sal, how has the internet changed the way you do business?

And on the HI forum, and that's just what I've checked so far.

Colonel, you're out of line...WAY out. Mentioning it on one subforum would be something we can chalk up to "differences in personal style" or maybe "generation gap", but to follow her around criticising is over the border into harassment and bullying.

Jim March

ghostsix has felt it necessary that he answer Lizabelle at the Ghurka House Forum also. He then goes on to talk about women as the targets of FBI killers etc. I consider this kind of repeated attacks trolling.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Hey G!
wink.gif
I've gotta (pardon me - got to) agree. You've followed her to every forum she's posted in and just flat dogged her. You have no justification for your behavior. You are indeed way out of line. You owe Liz an apology. Will one be forthcoming? I doubt it.

ghost's reply to Lizzy in the HI forum:
If this is for High school Liz,you need to clean up your English.Hay is for horses.
You have part of your answer here.Let us know if you ever form a thesis,an antithesis,a conclusion and projection.I rather doubt it,surprise me.Getting beyond the intro would suprise me.
We will never hear from you again because despite your poorly worded question,you have no idea to correlate the data that you did get.
What is an internal class?Is that like Internal Affairs,everyones favorite ratfinks?Who would you shoot first,given the choice?

How dare you attack someone for their language skills. Your grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling are about the worst on the forums. Most of your posts are totally incoherent to boot.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

[This message has been edited by Senator (edited 09 November 1999).]

Most of your posts are totally incoherent to boot.

I've been thinking the same for a while now. Ghostsix has over 1300 posts and hasnt' managed to say a thing. He posts everywhere whenever he can but hardly ever adds to the conversation. All he manages to do is take up bladeforum space with his jibberish. I wanted to say this in my post above but did not feel the need. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

thanks guys!
smile.gif
i really appreciate the support and concern!!

if u have any other thoughts on the internet and knives please continue to give them!!! thanks bunches!!

liz

Wait a minute now folks!!!

I totally agree that it is out of line for ghostsix to attack Lizabelle in every forum and I will agree that he can be abrasive at times but let's not stoop to the level of personal attacks against him.

Please note I am not defending ghostsix's behavior in this matter. However, I don't want to see him villified either.

I would say that ghostsix should apologize to Lizabelle and Mike or Spark would certainly be in line issuing a private warning if they have not already. But let's not stoop to attacking him and ALL of his posts. I am sure that if I search I can find some good ones.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

[This message has been edited by SDouglas (edited 10 November 1999).]

hey guys... i kinda agree with SDouglas on this one. i mean ghost has said some pretty mean things to me and it would be nice to hear an apology. but something my mom always told me. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

anyway i've tried to say this like not so frankly, but...can we please get back to the topic i posted this for. please!!!!
smile.gif
i don't need info on how ghostsix was right or wrong to say that stuff..i need info on the internet and the knife business. thanks bunches!!

liz

SDouglas:

When I said that Lizabelle has a stalker I was only making what I think is an observable fact. I certainly mean it as no attack on anyone. If you think I'm mistaken, that she in fact is not being targeted, I'm entirely willing to be corrected.

On the other hand, if Lizabelle is being targeted, I would repeat my earlier request.

No one on this forum should have to put up with somebody following them around "responding" to their posts like this.

"Stalker" isn't quite what's going here, certainly not in the sexual sense. It's more a case of "excessive criticism and inappropriate digressions into blood'n'guts in a discussion on marketing with a schoolgirl" if that makes sense. He EMailed her once, but it was just a question on modern educational methods.

None of that's *right* to do but "stalking" is perhaps an overstatement. Rude as hell though.

Jim

Permit me to add some fuel to the fire.
I think that Ghostsix has a valid point to some respect. I don't necessarily agree with his methods, if they are as extreme as others have indicated, but he makes a valid point on respect and decorum.
I am raising my daughters to respect others, be they young or old, important or not. I want and expect them to use proper etiquette and manners in any public setting. What they do on their own is another story, as long as it harms no one.
Adressing someone in any manner deemed as disrespectful is not an option in my household, YMMV.
I don't necessarily think Lizabelle meant any disrespect, nor do I fault her in any way. I am merely pointing out a belief as others before me have.
Among friends, the attitude is usually very casual and that is to be expected. So was she right or wrong....? That's not for me to say and frankly I think this has gone too far already.
The tone is set by the masses and I think the vote has been cast.

------------------
I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
*Abraham Lincoln

Romans 1:20-22

I fail to see anything even remotely disrespectful about Lizzy's post. As David has already pointed out, the term "hey" is universally accepted in the South as the preferred way of saying "hi". I would expect that it's no different in Arkansas, where Liz is from.

I would also say that this forum is about as casual an atmosphere as there is. This is not a suit-and-tie kinda place. We're all friends here whether we've been here since the beginning, or we're newbies. When my buddy calls me at home, I give him a resounding "Yo, dude." Does anyone consider that disrespectful?

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

what is YMMV?

thanks sen!

and i think i have done nothing disrespectful at all!! maybe many years ago the tone of my question would have been disrespectful. but there is this thing called change. and it's happened!! so change too or be miserable.

i also would like to know why people think it is their responsibility to tell me what is disrespectful or not. i'm an adult although i may be younger than a lot of you. and like i said before..two wrongs don't make a right. so if someone thinks i've been disrespectful, being disprectful back to me doesn't make it better.

i can see that i'm not going to get anymore information here on these forums for my topic. so please feel free to discuss the continuing drama that has started.

liz

[This message has been edited by Lizabelle (edited 10 November 1999).]

thanks smoke. is that for real?? your mileage may vary?

i haven't seen u around in a while..
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lizabelle (edited 10 November 1999).]

I learned the term from Jim March.

Like you I've been working on things.

Good luck on the paper.

YMMV= Your method may vary.

No reason to get defensive. I suppose though, that in light of recent "attacks" it is understandable. It was not then nor is it now, my intent to be insulting or tell you what is right or wrong. I am merely stating a belief.
I submit you point out where I was disrespectful to you in my post and I will apologize. Otherwise accept that we all differ in opinions and mannerisms, as I have and am still learning to do, and please let us move on and enjoy the forums.

------------------
I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
*Abraham Lincoln

Romans 1:20-22

Scarman,

I don't know anybody that sees disrespect as a good thing. I don't know anybody that doesn't hope to teach their kids to be respectful. I always try to give respect to everyone I speak to, who deserves my respect. We are not argueing, "should everyone give others respect?" We're argueing that ghostsix has been harassing Liz, degrading women for no reason whatsoever, and saying she has poor english skills. Not only does he say she has poor english skills but the youth of america as well, so to speak. And yet when you look at his posts you have to wonder how he can say that.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Back