1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

San Mai/W2/416SS***SOLD***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Larry Withrow, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Larry Withrow

Larry Withrow KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2007
    OAL: 8 inches
    BLADE: 4 inches tip to handle; hand-sanded to 1200 grit. The steel is 416 SS forged to W2 carbon steel. W2 is the cutting edge. I forge my own metal.
    THICKNESS: .186 at the ricasso
    HANDLE: Stabilized Tasmanian Sassafras with file work & 416 SS pins.
    PRICE: SOLD shipping to the lower 48 states. A hand-sewn sheath of vegetable-tanned 8-9 oz. leather is included. Outside the lower 48 states, shipping will have to be calculated. I make my own sheaths.
    PAYMENT: Prefer money order or cashier's check. Will accept Pay Pal [email protected]
    SHIPMENT: Within 3 days after receipt of payment.
    RETURN: Satisfaction guaranteed. Buyer pays return shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. velodemon

velodemon

Feb 14, 2012
    Great looking knife!

3. JayGoliath

JayGoliath Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2010
    What a beautiful knife!

4. Idlewild

Idlewild KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2004
    Very nice, with sassy sassafras San Mai!!

5. BRAINESTORM

BRAINESTORM

Apr 25, 2010
    Very Nice.

6. Hawk45

Hawk45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Like!

7. Twindog

Twindog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2004
    You continue to turn out great knives, Larry. The 1095 San Mai I got from you is getting heavy use and loving it.

I was curious about the differences you see between your 1095 and teh W-2.

8. Larry Withrow

Larry Withrow KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2007
    Twindog, I sent you a email.

Larry

9. Toddles

Toddles

Aug 17, 2011
    Larry,

I'll take this one. I don't have a piece with version of your san mai yet. Paypal inbound.

Curious, ever going to play around with some more cable? I think a san mai with a cable core might turn out interesting.

10. bpiatt

bpiatt

Jun 17, 2010
    Absolutely stunning. Upset I missed out on this one. Will there be more similar to this in the future?

11. clockman

clockman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I have a custom folder with the same wood you used on your knife. Very nice looking knife!

Tasmanian sassafrass is a very good choice for scales or a handle IMO.

12. Larry Withrow

Apr 27, 2007
    Thanks Todd. Yes, I will be making some more cable blades when the weather cools down a bit so that I can forge. Too hot right now. I will have to try one witha cable core. I will mail your knife today.

Larry

13. Larry Withrow

Apr 27, 2007
    bpiatt, there will be another one today.
    Thanks for your interest.

Larry

14. Toddles

Toddles

Aug 17, 2011
    :thumbup:

Many thanks, Larry.