Sarki Shop ~ Web Page~

Check it out when you get a chance. We would like to know what you think about it.
Are the pics clear?
Is it easily read?
Etc....

Is any one having problems with the site being off center on the screen?
------------------

[This message has been edited by T.Sisco (edited 03-30-2001).]

Uncle,
Thanks for pointing out the spelling. I will proof it today and get it fixed. I have to say this isn't Terry's fault.It was typed in a hurry by someone else.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Is any one having problems with the site being off center on the screen?</font>

Well, it might look a little strange if viewed with a browser configured to one's own tastes; it appears to achieve the intended effect only with both Javascript and style sheets enabled; I set my browser (Netscape 4.73, FWIW), to disable Javascript and use a specified (large) font, and most of the page is now left justified, and the display layout is now entirely different.

[This message has been edited by Irregular (edited 03-30-2001).]

:
Terry it is still off center for me.
But maybe that isn't the way to say it. I can see the left side very nicely and the left side shows up cut in half.
Maybe if I can get some other webtv pals to check it out and see if they get the same thing?
It will be later though as we're leaving for Arkansas in the morn and won't be back unil Sunday afternoon.

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net----&gt;®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

Very nice Terry, and I haven't forgotten the two high ride sheaths we talked about. I'll send the knives in a week or so.
smile.gif

------------------
Ida-Al

Uncle, I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I shot Tom's foot. Ha! ha! Sounds good Servtech. Just send me an e-mail and let me know what you want. I'll let you know what the charges will be. Please let me know when you ship them. We like to watch the mail closely when we are waiting for a package.
Thanks to everyone for your input on the web page. It is very helpful!

God bless!!

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/t_sarki/Sarki_Shop.html

Terry,

The new web site looks great! It does a better job of displaying your work.
Speaking of your work. I want to thank you again for the Excelent job you did making me a new sheath for my YCS! I could not be more pleased with it. Your work is the BEST!! I will be sending you the Reiger in a little, when funds permit.
I also want to thank you Uncle Bill for taking care of the repair costs on a sheath damaged by our USPS. You BOTH are top notch gentelmen and a credit to the buisness world. See Ya all later

------------------
Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear. G.Liddy

Does insurance cover damages caused in transit? Not that it's really my business, but it just seems that the post office should live up to the responsibility they have when they take on a package. It would seem wrong that Uncle Bill should pay that out of pocket.

Bob,

Most of the time unless the mail gets completely lost it is not worth the effort to try to collect the insurance on damaged goods. Last time I tried they told me the fault was mine because of poor packing. The box looked like it had been run over by a forklift. Even a strong wood box would have given way -- but to collect would mean 40 hours of work preparing for a court case -- for fifty bucks.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (33,000 + posts)
Himalayan Imports Shopping Site

Don't you understand, Uncle Bill, wood would have given way. That just means you should start packing in a reinforced steel box, covered in kevlar, with an aesbestos lining. With plenty of styrofoam peanuts in their as well.

Gee, I wouldn't see shipping costs going up as a result of this policy.
smile.gif
Honestly, if my Malla was any indication of how you normally box your items, they would have had to have run it over in order to get through all the newspaper and everything. Oh well, I guess this isn't anything compared to what UPS has been known to pull off.

Uncle, We send everything USPS. It is insured and marked fragile. It sounds as if insurance doesn't do much good either. Fed Ex and UPS have left packages on the door step.This could be an expensive and dangerous mistake, especially since we live in a trailer park full of kids.The mail man will not leave any packages if we are not here but when we are expecting a package we watch it closely.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sandi (edited 03-31-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yvsa:
:
Terry it is still off center for me.
But maybe that isn't the way to say it. I can see the left side very nicely and the left side shows up cut in half.
Maybe if I can get some other webtv pals to check it out and see if they get the same thing?
It will be later though as we're leaving for Arkansas in the morn and won't be back unil Sunday afternoon.

</font>

Same here, on another WebTV. This one has just had their new upgrade to 4.0 (which might be some of the problem) but I can't see all of the right side, and can't mover cursor to the page buttons on the right (only show about half of them). The left side of the site looks great!!

Back