Satin Ratmandu - Satin Swamp Warden - Convex Edge Waki

Is this gentleman still in business? I just purchased an RMD and am REALLY liking the looks of the full satin with polished convex edge.

Last time I heard he was. And the Satin RMD on the first page is mine, so I can speak glowingly about the quality of his work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

You will not be disappointed. :)

That RMD is immaculate. Are you having any issues with rust on the satin blade? How are you maintaining the blade to keep from rusting? Did he put the Torx bolts on your handle so it could be removed?

Yes; he sure is. He did this to my M9LE over the summer.

M9LEnorcal1.jpg

Is this gentleman still in business? I just purchased an RMD and am REALLY liking the looks of the full satin with polished convex edge.

That RMD is immaculate. Are you having any issues with rust on the satin blade? How are you maintaining the blade to keep from rusting? Did he put the Torx bolts on your handle so it could be removed?

I have contacted Nate about doing my HRLM and was all set to go however, I read on another thread of a person having some rust issues and find myself hesitant. My question is, for anyone who has any experience with rust on a satin finish SR101. I had planned on the satin finish but the knife is very much going to be a user for skinning and the modifications I spoke of in my skinning review on the HRLM. It will be in the weather alot, it will be washed a lot to remove blood, hair ect. There may be times when I cannot immediately clean it or coat it with mineral oil. So, does anyone have the satin and use it in a way I am planning on? Will rust be a serious issue? Would I be better off just having the edge thinned down and/or convexed, leaving the coating on? Any opinions from anyone? As far as Nate's work, it is fantastic, no doubt about that.

If you use a coated knife, the coating will eventually wear off and you'll either have to re-coat it or you'll have a naked blade to contend with. And according to Jeff Randall, 95% of the knives currently in use throughout the world are corroded. So I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

I wish I had those skills. If I spent so much time on the satin finishes they would be safe queens, which means I would have to go out and buy a user.

Back