• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scam Alert blainec86

Blaine Chapa is the name I was given and believe me when I say this...we are not the same person! Look him up on FB!!!

Cheers
Chris

Alright.

Found Blaine Chapa on Facebook and it looks to be the same person as @blainec86/HappyIguana. Blaine Chapa has a picture of a high end vaporizer as one of his profile pics and also post non-stop about vaporizers and constantly enters e-cigarette giveaways. If you check Blainec86/HappyIguana's Reddit post history, he post extensively in the E-cigarette subreddit and also enters vape contests regularly. The (817) Area Code of Blaine's phone number found on JordoKAP's profile is also from Texas, which is where his Facebook profile says he is from (currently in Oklahoma). Lastly, the birth year of 1986 matches both Blaine's profile on Facebook and here on BladeForums.

Here are his two Facebook profiles (looks like he uses one exclusively to enter contests).

https://www.facebook.com/blainechapa1986
https://www.facebook.com/blaine.chapa

Hopefully that helps the police report if/when it comes to that B Beerman2982 .

Chrisj1974 Chrisj1974 this is helpful to you too. You made some past sales here. It should just be a simple task of a Moderator asking some of your past buyers where you shipped from. If you shipped from the U.K., I apologize for the scrutiny. If you shipped from Texas or Oklahoma... Well, that would be bad.

*Edit
Here are his Twitter accounts too.

https://twitter.com/blaine_chapa
https://twitter.com/blainechapa

Last edited:
Glad that has been cleared up and put to bed, so nobody will insinuate now that we are the same person!!! :thumbsdown:

Read some of my feedback mate as it actually mentions shipping from the UK!!!

I cant actually believe it was suggested we were the same person in the first place, especially flippantly without any hard evidence! I have worked really hard to gain positive feedback on BF over the last year or so and my trading profile and reputation as an honest buyer and seller are important to me, so please don't speculate and let the BF mods do their job! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Chris

Glad that has been cleared up and put to bed, so nobody will insinuate now that we are the same person!!! :thumbsdown:

Read some of my feedback mate as it actually mentions shipping from the UK!!!

I cant actually believe it was suggested we were the same person in the first place, especially flippantly without any hard evidence! I have worked really hard to gain positive feedback on BF over the last year or so and my trading profile and reputation as an honest buyer and seller are important to me, so please don't speculate and let the BF mods do their job! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Chris

I apologize if you feel I jumped too conclusions to quickly, but the coincidences were stacking up in a situation that is time sensitive to the OP.

You made your account in March of 2018. Blaine made his account in March of 2018. Blaine purchased a high end knife from you. You purchased a high end knife from Blaine. High end purchases build credibility. When talks of Blaine scamming people in his for sale thread came up, you appeared within a couple minutes offering to buy the knife in the thread and seemed unconcerned about the claims of scamming. About an hour later, you then appeared here to defend Blaine. Blaine claimed to Beerman that his name was Jacob Chapa (initials being JC), your initials are CJ. Both you and Blaine put your birth year in your BladeForums name. Maybe common, but working in LP has shown me that tactics like that can be used to plant the idea in people's head that two accounts belong to different people. Blaine is from Texas/Oklahoma, you are from the UK, which follows the same pattern as having birth years in your screen names. It doesn't help that 50% of your sales come from people who made their accounts within the last year (after you and Blaine made your accounts) and have little to no other transactions.

Last edited:
Alright.

Found Blaine Chapa on Facebook and it looks to be the same person as @blainec86/HappyIguana. Blaine Chapa has a picture of a high end vaporizer as one of his profile pics and also post non-stop about vaporizers and constantly enters e-cigarette giveaways. If you check Blainec86/HappyIguana's Reddit post history, he post extensively in the E-cigarette subreddit and also enters vape contests regularly. The (817) Area Code of Blaine's phone number is also from Texas, which is where his Facebook profile says he is from (currently in Oklahoma). Lastly, the birth year of 1986 also matches on the Facebook profile and on Blaine's profile here.

Here are his two Facebook profiles (looks like he uses one exclusively to enter contests).

https://www.facebook.com/blainechapa1986
https://www.facebook.com/blaine.chapa

Hopefully that helps the police report if/when it comes to that B Beerman2982 . It's really not looking good considering Blaine gave you the name "Jacob". :(

Chrisj1974 Chrisj1974 this is helpful to you too. You made some past sales here. It should just be a simple task of a Moderator asking some of your past buyers where you shipped from. If you shipped from the U.K., I apologize for the scrutiny. If you shipped from Texas or Oklahoma... Well, that would be bad.

*Edit
Here are his Twitter accounts too.

https://twitter.com/blaine_chapa
https://twitter.com/blainechapa

These kids and their social media accounts. LMAO! :rolleyes: They make it SO much easier to track them down. ;)

Yeah, there are a lot of circumstantial tidbits that make it look as if this Blain character and Chris1974 are the same person. Will be interesting to find out. If he shipped from TX or OK, or received pacakages there, it wouldn't look good, that's for sure! Wouldn't be the first time in recent history that someone had sock puppet accounts here to stand up for themselves. o_O

Guys

Tbh I am getting just a little bit annoyed now. I AM NOT BLAINE/JACOB CHAPA, OK!!!

You certainly have jumped to conclusions! You call out an honest and genuine BF member based on circumstantial evidence...REALLY? Calling into question my authenticity, ethics and principles? :thumbsdown:

I bought a knife from him and him from me, so what!

As I have repeatedly said, I never defended him, but rather gave you a brief insight into the dealings that I had with him because this all came under the spot light because of the sale of the Norseman #1539.

Also, not that I need to explain myself to anyone, but he had also been in contact with me via the sales thread for the Norseman #1262 and we discussed the #1539 before he even posted the new sales thread for it!

As I said, leave the sleuthing to the mods and let them do their job based on hard facts, not circumstances!

Mods, can you please intervene here!!!

Cheers
Chris

Guys

Tbh I am getting just a little bit annoyed now. I AM NOT BLAINE/JACOB CHAPA, OK!!!

You certainly have jumped to conclusions! You call out an honest and genuine BF member based on circumstantial evidence...REALLY? Calling into question my authenticity, ethics and principles? :thumbsdown:

As I have repeatedly said, I never defended him, but rather gave you a brief insight into the dealings that I had with him because this all came under the spot light because of the sale of the Norseman #1539.

Also, not that I need to explain myself to anyone, but he had also been in contact with me via the sales thread for the Norseman #1262 and we discussed the #1539 before he even posted the new sales thread for it!

As I said, leave the sleuthing to the mods and let them do their job based on hard facts, not circumstances!

Cheers
Chris

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe you and Blaine are the same person and would be annoyed too. I was just stating why I was suspicious.

Guys

Cheers
Chris

Dude, take a step back and breathe. If you're legit, and not the same person that scammed the OP, you have nothing to worry about. Yes, everything is circumstantial at this point, but it does look more than a little bit suspicious. Even the mods think so. Nobody is jumping to conclusions, and you are being a little too defensive, which isn't helping your case. Chill out, let this play for awhile, and if you're just another one caught up in the mess, you will be exonerated.

PS - The mods need all the help they can get. It is not a paid position, and they do it in their free time, so sometimes the members help them out.

I am not worried about anything mate, I am just getting a little bit pissed off with people jumping to conclusions, which has indeed happened in this instance!

Also, I don't have a case to defend mate? All I am doing is pushing back on the members who are jumping to conclusions, highlighting very, very weak circumstancial evidence.

Over and out!

Cheers
Chris

Chris joined in this at our prompting. Both here and in the thread we were questioning his sanity in going through with a deal after being told the seller was a likely scammer. He just explained that he felt OK with it do to dealing with Blaine before. If he takes proper precautions in doing so he likely will loose no more than the time and effort to file claims, if Blaine screws him too.
That said Blaine may be using Chris. Often these scammers will let a few deals go through fine to create some doubt as to their scamming. Chris seems to be somewhat aware of this, and has stated he is not defending Blaine"s actions and even called for him to explain himself here.
I think Chris is guilty of nothing but giving an honest account of his dealing with Blaine, though not always appreciated by the community when a scammer is involved.

Probably just coincidence but the russell freeman guy is also some dude in OK that was originally in TX.

Today PayPal ruled in my favor in the matter and refunded my money. Good to see this member has been removed. That was a first for me. I am aggravated with the situation but it was a good learning experience. Before this I had bought a lot of knives on here, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and hadn’t been scammed. I will have to be more cautious in the future.

I am not worried about anything mate, I am just getting a little bit pissed off with people jumping to conclusions, which has indeed happened in this instance!

Also, I don't have a case to defend mate? All I am doing is pushing back on the members who are jumping to conclusions, highlighting very, very weak circumstancial evidence.

Over and out!

Cheers
Chris

We're gonna need to see your vape.

Well that was a pretty dramatic series of events... I read every post made in this thread and am glad PayPal refunded your cash.

Always use Goods and Services...................Unless it's someone you know and trust of course

Back