• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scammers

This is a common ongoing scam where the scammer directly emails a buyer pretending to be the seller. Just look at all the previous posts about this in the past week...

someone responded to my post with their email. They ended up getting several emails from scammers.

Thnx for the heads-ups. its easy to lure someone in for scam like that.

Last edited:
I think I’ve had business with morton12 before. If it’s the same person, I think he’s from Australia.
Personally, I would buy a gold membership just to establish contact if this is a hobby of choice. But to each their own.

Maybe time for Spark to consider implementing the following policy:

- No contact info of anyone should be inclined in any post at the Exchange.
- Non-paid members do not have permissions to post at the Exchange.

Warning against the use of PPFF doesn't seem to be effective.

Blues Blues This can all stop by simply auto-locking all new sales threads
I am not the site owner.
Spark is not going to prevent registered (unpaid) members from purchasing on the Exchange.

ETA: At some point, folks are going to have to start taking responsibility for their actions and stop thinking someone else can come to their rescue when they decide to ignore safe practices.

I am not the site owner.
Spark is not going to prevent registered (unpaid) members from purchasing on the Exchange.

ETA: At some point, folks are going to have to start taking responsibility for their actions and stop thinking someone else can come to their rescue when they decide to ignore safe practices.
I feel like you've said that second part once before... maybe twice.

At least someone noticed.

I am not the site owner.

This.

Looks like M morton12 has apologized publicly in the sales thread. Might I suggest JurT JurT that you edit the OP and title to reflect the confusion? Morton12 got scammed pretty badly and I don’t think he needs this on top of it.

Morton12, I would HIGHLY suggest removing your email from the thread linked in the OP.

Edited the op after some clarification. I apologize for my immediate reaction about what happened. Lessons also learned for me.

Edited the op after some clarification. I apologize for my immediate reaction about what happened. Lessons also learned for me.
Glad to hear it! Might I also suggest editing the negative feedback you left him? 👍

Back