Schrade 127

I am a new member and I sell and trade Schrade knives. Just wondering if any of you more experienced knife collectors could give me any information on the Schrade Walden 127. I acquired this knife a few years ago and it came with a sheath. Both sheath and knife have "Buffalo Bill" inscribed in them. I know the sheath dates back many years and just wondering if the knife may be original to this sheath. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Schrader,
Welcome to the group. If you could post a pict of both for us to see we might be able to give you a little more edumacated guess!
If you cant post a pict email to me and I'll post it for you.

TTYL
Larry

Schrader sent this.
jim1.jpg

Schrade seemed to like Buffalo Bill. In my references, I've found a couple of Schrade-Walden fixed blades and a four inch stockman, all so marked, and I think there was a big Bowie as well. But I can't find anything on the Buffalo Bill folding hunter 127.

Nice knife. I watched it for a while on Ebay

Phil

Yes, I had it on ebay for a few days and decided to pull it because I wanted to find out what it was.
Phil, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one with a Buffalo Bill knife. I wish I could put a year on both the knife and sheath.With the help from the nice people like yourself and Irv just maybe I will. Hey, if not thats just a mystery. I have decided the knife is so nice I want to keep it. Thanks eveyone!!! I am so glad I stumbled on to this site!!!

You would not be the first of us to be bitten by the Schrade/Imperial/Ulster/ etc. collecting bug with the acquisition of just one interesting knife. I hope you will become a regular here and join our group of "Uncle Henry's Lost Souls". Schradeophiles are a bit different, as you will see. Our dedication to researching, collecting, and sharing Schrade knives and their brothers, sisters, and ancestors goes well beyond simple brand loyalty.

Codger

P.S.: In spite of what you may hear from a puppy in Arizona, it is quite natural and normal to own a Schrade fixed blade or two. :D

Welcome,

Buffalo Bill was popular everywhere I guess, so It does not seem strange that Schrade and others made knives with his name, fixed blades and folders. This is a nice folder indeed.

He he, I have seen some nice "Lobo Bill" folders around here too.

Luis

Not to wander too far off topic.....

I think Schrade might have considered this one, if things had gone differently:

Bill's
F
O
L
D E R..... :D

This is exactly the sorta question I wish we could answer here.
Perhaps the most valuable stuff hauled away/sold at the Schrade sale was the history. The files, ads, numbers, ect.

Phil

You know, BRL's Guide ( :eek: ) shows a 227UH (same frame, drilled, 2 blades of course) being manufactured between 1972-1986 (pg.221). Also mention of a 4'' Buffalo Bill Stockman in 1976. MAYBE that is a ballpark time frame??
How about Mr. Clemente's book?

Bill

Robert covers exclusively the Old Timer and Uncle Henry series. Page 23 of the 2003 edition is the 227UH "Folding Bowie", made from 1970 thru 1983. No mention is made of a special edition.

Codger

The 125OT, 127UH are both on the same folder frame. Both are liner locks and both had THONG holes at one time or another. You will notice the difference in the upsweep of their blades from that of Schrader's.
The 227UH does noth have a liner lock and obviously has 2 blades. :D
Bernie mentions a BB125 seperatly and in a set with a BB166. He says their both fixed blades. I cant findany pictures of them. LT and Del may have a copy.

Picture in next post.

You guys are right there!!! I just thought I knew something about the schrade kives.If nothing else, this is a nice conversation piece not to mention the fun I am having watching the e-jabs. :eek:

Man O Man!!! The 125OT is a fabulous looking folder. I've got several on my watch list on eBay.

Some day when I have managed to get the wolves away from the door, and the Schrade fixed blade frames filled, I believe this will be the first series of floppy knives I will try to collect. Every day I am faced with an old ad from a hunting magazine for an Old Timer Folding Alaska Hunter. I keep my Schrade catalogs, shortlines, ads, and notes in a thick binder with clear sleaves on the cover, back and spine. Those are filled with old ads for Schrades from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Tougher ' n a ole sourdough is this Alaskan Hunter....another Old Timer hand crafted knife precision made by Schrade Walden... the name for quality cutlery!
> Hand honed cutlery steel blades
>Brass Linings
> Double strength springs
> Hand adjusted to assure proper tension; opens and closes easily. No more broken fingernails with this Schrade Walden knife.
> Stagalon handle guaranteed unbreakable.

Alaskan Hunter...the favorite knife of Alaskan guides. Blades are 4 1/4" long. Closed it is 5 1/2" long and weighs 6 ounces. Comes in a hand-laced leather sheath. Handles any cutting job, big or little with ease! $7.50 postpaid. Two for $14.
:D
Yep. One day soon.

Codger

lrv said:
LL0001.jpg

TTYL
Larry
P.S.
These are FOLDERS
Thanks for the info Larry. I didn't know they were called thong holes.Not at all what I would expect a thong hole to be.

Er, ah, uhm,

A thong hole is open to interpretation, as it were.

But Phil has the corner on them...... :D

Bill

And the men who WERE Schrade usually, not always, called them lanyard holes as Robert Clemente pointed that out to me in our discussions about his book on Schrade knives. I am guessing here that George Schrade, the Baers and others of their ilk never saw a thong. Boy, Phil could show them a thing or two. Well, anyway, the term "lanyard" seems to have stuck among manufacturers. "Thong" seems to be a more recent term. "Lanyard" goes back to even before the war of Northern agression when Colonel Lemat put a ring on the butt of his nine shot revolver to prevent calvarymen from dropping them during a rough ride. Dang, I always wanted an eight shot cap and ball revolver with a .20 guage shotgun barrel as the cylinder pin! :eek:

Codger

Back