Schrade 127

Schrader,
I forget myself sometimes. We have had many discussions about thongs, ping pong balls and old socks which you must read through the old posts to understand. We will talk about almost anything. Its no fun to use only the correct terms all the time. Lanyard it is.

Northern agression!!! Damn! Another round.
Im sure Don Luis could add a real southern point of view.
TTYL
Larry

I don't understand all this about the land in the yard and the thing in the thong, or the Colonel putting a ring on the butt, or getting your folder's blades fixed. I did hear about that cap and ball revolver with the shotgun barrel, so if you have the balls you put on a cap ?.... these foreign languages.... or are we crinking too much Drown Royal again???

Luis

"Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a thong for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you."

I just compared the signature on the blade to an actual W.F. Cody and I am even more baffled. Is this signature on the other Buffalo Bill knives? Thanks!! I just hope I am not embarassing myself by asking these things.

A little more info.
in 1967 S/W made a Gaucho series pattern # 3226 has a 2 bladed 225 style knife and your sheath.

We are getting closer!
gaucho.jpg

By golly it does look like mine.The only diff. I see is my flap is broad and does not taper as that one does. I agree,we are getting there. I am searching everything I can to find answers.You have been far more successful. Thank you.

The Lemat revolver. About 1500 were purchased by the South during the time of the Rebellion. Carried by senior officers who could afford them. Made in France, England and at least a couple on Belgium. The original 'dirty harry' handgun. Lanyard rings were popular for calvary handguns to keep the gun from falling away while on horseback.

Attachments

• llemat cylincer.jpg
    llemat cylincer.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
  • lemat revolver.jpg
    lemat revolver.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
NIce detective work, Larry. I'm still seeking infor on the buffalo bill 127.. zip...

Here's an authentic WF Cody 'Buffalo Bill' autograph. And the details of the Schrade Buffalo Bill Bowie.

cody_william_f_buffalo_bill_autogra.jpg

buffalobillbowiesheathdetail.jpg

buffalobillbowiebladedetail.jpg

buffalobillbowiefullsize.jpg

Why don't I own one of these knives! Cool

Phil

Thanks for the pics. The signature on the blade is as mine for sure.I love trying to figure this knife,but at the same time it gets tiring.I would not even be close if it were'nt for you guys.Could the 127 be a limited special edition?
I bought a lot of knives awhile back and thought I was getting a Schrade 3 bladefolder.Turned out to have no markings.Just "Old Timer" on the handle.It sure does look and feel like a Schrade.

The knives were both produced in 1969.
The second knife is a BB-125 (I think I said it was a 127) Looks like a 125OT with a Buffalo Bill shield and printing on the blade.
I have a picture of it somewhere. I have been looking for one for a while.
I'll find the pict and post in a bit
x21.jpg

Back