Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

The 108OT Junior was made from 1963 through 2004. Yours was made between 1973 and 1999 or so. Sorry it can't be dated any closer than that.
If any Knife parts are worn , can the bits still be found , dont want to put crap pieces in , would rather go genuine parts even if i have to get them from USA sent down under
Regards Peter

If any Knife parts are worn , can the bits still be found , dont want to put crap pieces in , would rather go genuine parts even if i have to get them from USA sent down under
Regards Peter
They weren't really made to be worked on, however a good cutler can do whatever is needed using parts from a donor knife. But the cost would exceed the value of the knife. Better, IMHO, to retire the defective one and buy a new or nearly new one. An exception might be a knife that belonged to grandpa or dad. New originals are still available if you look carefully, even in Oz!

They weren't really made to be worked on, however a good cutler can do whatever is needed using parts from a donor knife. But the cost would exceed the value of the knife. Better, IMHO, to retire the defective one and buy a new or nearly new one. An exception might be a knife that belonged to grandpa or dad. New originals are still available if you look carefully, even in Oz!
Thanks for the reply , looks like ill be hunting around for a 80T
Regards Peter

Going to buy this one
can some one give me info on it please , when was it made , ext
SCHRADE NY USA 881Y PREMIUM STOCKMAN FOLDING KNIFE
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Going to buy this one
can some one give me info on it please , when was it made , ext
SCHRADE NY USA 881Y PREMIUM STOCKMAN FOLDING KNIFE
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
That is an open stock knife which was made from 1957 through 1986 after which it was discontinued. That example was made some time after 1972. So 1973 - 1986 is the time frame in which it was made. For further topics, please start a new thread.

Members here have been very kind and patient with me and I appreciate it.
Obviously I am a new collector, and I don't have the funds to purchase my textbooks yet. ISBN 1-58160-283-9 for legitamate different reasons. I may be slow, but I have been paying attention where I can, lol. I appreciate you guys, and this knife will not be my last by far.
This site has sparked my interest in several types of knives that I would like to have. That said, I have posted a couple of times in the wrong forums during the learning process about this one.
I have from what I understand is a schrade Walden model 750 with the usual : dec.21'09, sept.13'10, and June 6.'16. on the small blade. Orange reddish with black, marbled celluloid handles with a closed length of 3 3/4".

I've found a few with different colors handles in the 3 3/8" variety but none exactly like mine. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Ok total noob here I have stumbled upon this wonderful forum in my quest to find out as much info on a knife I’ve had for at least 25 years use to look after it oil and clean it every month, but then in a move I lost track of it for 10+ years. I have found the knife again and have decided to find out everything I can about it.

I tried to post pictures to help but not sure why they aren’t coming up

I hope to find out as much info as possible, thanking you kindly in advanced.

it’s an uncle Henry Schrade U.S.A. 171UH
With serial number 61415 still has original sheath but no wet stone, sheath has some damage but can be repaired, the blade it’s self is in perfect condition, with original pattern and what looks like pitting, but no rust at all

Brian W
1d2d80cc-fdc6-40e1-a31d-add7936690be

Last edited:
Hey Brian, Welcome to the forum. I believe you have to have at least 10 posts before you can post an image or link. This I believe is pretty standard in most forums to prevent spam posters.

Thanks for that Ballenxj, has been way to long since I last was on a forum so some things have been forgotten

I picked this up today for 10 bucks and I believe it is a Sharade knife. SCC stamped on the tang. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Noob here lol but have always love knives , swords , and medevial weapons and armor. Thank you for your time. Looking forward to learn and know what I got.

a>

a>

I picked this up today for 10 bucks and I believe it is a Sharade knife. SCC stamped on the tang. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Noob here lol but have always love knives , swords , and medevial weapons and armor. Thank you for your time. Looking forward to learn and know what I got.

a>

a>
No image. I believe you need 10 posts before you can post an image. just 9 to go. ;)

I would imagine some time in 1973, maybe late 1972? Not sure exactly when they switched tang stamps during production.

Eric

PS- Left you a message on your profile page ;-)

Last edited:
I have a friend who is trying to get in touch with Tim Faust. Does he check in from time to time?

Hi, new to the forum.Picked up a couple 165’s. One is a Walden stag handle w serial number in the 1,000 range. Another is a NIB w a brown wood grain paper box w gold lettering box. Do those clues help age the knives? I’d like to try & figure rough dates out.
thank you.

I have a Schrade +LB7 USA, SERIAL # Z50275 that is pristine (never used or sharpened) with leather sheath. Can you tell me it's worth and when it was made? I bought it new decades ago and set it aside and never used it.

As far as we have been able to determine, these knives listed in the last catalogs were never produced. Perhaps photo examples exist, but they never made production.

So the question I have is... Are you including special editions, limited editions, SFO's, Scrimshaw editions, etc. in the list? Those add more than a few hundred numbers and names.

Codger
Do you know when Schrade made the Sears Craftsman 95021 knives?

Bob

Hello all, I have recently acquired the SCTR3 Tractor Up. This one is green jig bone with a full sized clip point and spear point (maybe a drop not a spear point) but 2 full size blades. Cigar, or equal end style. Close to the Camillus #23 in size. I've seen one other in the same style, which was the Schrade Walden anniversary edition. If anybody is familiar with that knife, do you know if it was a regular production knife? If so what model is it? I'd love to find a couple of them (really love the layout) Thank you in advance.

Back