Scrap Yard Knife Passaround

so you haven't seen it since the first week of April CDRules! has it been long or fast for you?

Last edited:
The time has gone by fast, however I do miss having it. I did order a Ratmandu in the time since I got this knife but I sold it off needing the money instead so I will be very happy to have it back.

When I first picked up the knife the balance was really good. You could tell it was a good quality knife. The handle felt really good in my hand. The resin-c grips are really comfortable. I compared it to my combat grade DM and the handle seems a little larger on this model. The fit and finish are really nice too. The DC finish is nice and with hard use it doesn’t wear off like the combat grade finish. I think the DC finish might rust if wet and not oiled after time.

This is a hard use knife and I wanted to use it and test it out without abusing it since it’s not my knife. I took it to the rifle range with me and I found a 2x4 and started to chop it. I went about 1/3 way though it with no problems. The blade was still very sharp. There was a pine tree that fell that was about 4” in diameter. I chopped through that with no problems and it took about 1 minute to 1 min 30 seconds to chop through the pine tree. The blade was still very sharp after chopping through the pine. I then cut through a tennis ball with ease. The blade was still sharp. I chopped up some yellow squash to deep fry. The blade cut the squash with ease even though the blade is very thick. I cut a couple of fuzz sticks. It did an ok job for cutting fuzz sticks, but a thinner blade would do a better job. I definitely need some practice cutting fuzz sticks. My more does a great job of cutting fuzz sticks.

I waited to the end to touch it up on the leather strop. Just a few passes on each side seamed to get it nice and sharp. Someone did a great job of reprofiling the edge on this knife. Someone did a great job on the kydex sheath too. The SR-77 steel sharpens easy and it’s easy to touch it up too.

This is one really nice knife. I liked everything about this knife. The only drawback is that the blade is very thick, but it can do everything a thinner knife can do. Its now time to box this knife up and send it to its owner and I know you are probably looking forward to getting it back. Thank you very much CDRules for letting me use your knife for a few days. You will have it back soon, Thanks again.
1zvxv2r.jpg

2mo832u.jpg

3178led.jpg

27xnkeo.jpg

16bcbc5.jpg

2wri7ue.jpg

20qfeir.jpg

zl84ev.jpg

mw9x6x.jpg

348n8k6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the review. I can't wait to get the knife back and see the difference in the edge. When I first got the thing it was DULL.

I will post some pictures when I get it back for you all to see.

Its got a good edge on it and its sharp too, sharp enough to shave hair. I tried to get a picture of the edge, but couldn't get a good one.

I'll have it sent out Wed or Thursday and I will shoot you an email after I ship it out.

Thank you banana-clip. I cant wait to have this thing back in my hands. It has been a while as someone recently pointed out to me, however it was well worth it. I'm sure my knife had a whole lot of fun traveling two countries and many more states.

Ok, so I got the knife yesterday. It is so nice to have it back. Keep checking back in with this thread though because I have a surprise for you coming up.

Ok, so I got the knife yesterday. It is so nice to have it back. Keep checking back in with this thread though because I have a surprise for you coming up.

Glad you got the knife back! I've had some of my knives out for just a few weeks, I don't know if I could make it a few months!!!

Again, thanks for letting us all have a chance to handle it. We appreciate you!

As the first guy to get this it is good to see it come full circle. You are a great guy for this, and now we need YOUR pictures of it in action!

I will post some pictures shortly however first there is some business of a surprise that I mentioned.

Since I was so happy with how this Passaround went I felt I would give back something to the people who participated.

I will be going a Scrap Yard Passaround Giveaway.

Unfortunately I am not flush with enough cash to buy the winner a Scrap Yard knife, I will however buy the winner a Mora 510.

To enter:

• Post your favorite image of the Dumpster Mutt that you took (it can be an image that has already been posted or not)
  • Choose a number between 1-100 in the same post
  • Send me a check for $50 (optional) :)

The give away starts today and will go on until 8:00 PM on September 3rd when I will have my wife pick a number and the person closest will get the Mora knife.

This is my first give away so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the offer, CDRules. I will sit this out, since I picked one up just a bit ago, so there is no point in you sending me another. Very nice gesture though, and thanks for doing the passaround. Here is my favorite picture, though it has already been posted once.

img1497450x600uh3.jpg

Naked, you might want to choose a number. So far you are the only one who has posted but just in case someone else does.

I'll play.

attachment.php

Let's say 50.

Ok. Well I know its well past 8:00 but I was out and about tonight. My wife picked the number 73 so I guess this one goes to banana-clip. I have a busy week this week but as soon as I get a chance I will have it comming your way. Thank you all for playing and I promise I will post some pictures here shortly of some of my knife useage.

Back