Searching for No-Nonsense small fixed blade

Basically its for my wifes bag which she carrys to work. Criteria are:
- small
- no nonsense/flashy
- Price under 100$
- fast draw

I am very new to knives and ergo didn't find many. Only one which pops up immediatly in my head is the CRKT Bear Claw.
Another one is the Camillus CUDA Arclite but the grip looks slippery to me.

Regards, vC

Edit:
Hm, what about the Benchmade Instigator- Snody?

what is this for? Is it defense? The Becker Necker is a nice small fixed blade although the handle is not designed for comfortable extended use.

More or less yes. Its winter over here so the nights are long. So when she goes to work and comes back home its pretty dark. And there are some funny people hanging around the train station.
I am aware that having a knife without the proper knowledge could be counterproductive but it makes me feel more comfortable. She has the basic knowledge though and goes to a JuJitsu course twice a week.

I think the knife shouldn't exceed 3".

Regards, vC

Edit:
Good idea quiet storm, thanks.

If you take the inner strands out, the wrap will even stay flat on the handle.

I highly recommend the Arclite, it's certainly one of the better fixed blade options in its price range.

Any of the mora's, either Frosts of Sweden or the Ericson. Most have a plastic sheath that snaps off very easy, and are cheap enough she can ditch it down a sewer and you're not out much. They cut like the devil.

My girlfriend loves her arclite!!! And like yours mine has studied Ju-jitsu with me. Another choice that I cannot speak enough about is the CRKT Falcon fixed blade (I've spouted off enough about it oin other threads). Another good choice is the Wedge series of knives from Outdoor Edge. All of these are cheap (under $50) easily replaceable,yet well made, can be sharpened very well and easily, and offer very good grip- especially for a womans smaller hands (I make my girlfriend handle all of my knives and tell me what she likes).

The Camillus Becker BK-11 is the toughest small knife I can think of. The blade is 3.25 inches long and is .15 inch thick. It has a high grind for easy cutting. It is a nonstainless alloy and is tougher than stainless. You can cord wrap or tape the handle if you want to adjust the grip. The kydex sheath is a friction fit and you just pull it out of the sheath (no snaps).
http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm?bkt/bk11.shtml~main

If the BK-11 seems to heavy I would go with the Arclite. I have both of these knives. The grips are pretty good without wrapping. For a really good grip I like to put beeswax or rosin on cord and wrap the handles. That gives you a tacky as well as hand tailored grip.

Fallkniven WM1. It has a very comfortable handle (rare in he sub 3" production category) and good blade steel. You can choose from different sheats (neck, belt).

jackknife said:
Any of the mora's, either Frosts of Sweden or the Ericson. Most have a plastic sheath that snaps off very easy, and are cheap enough she can ditch it down a sewer and you're not out much. They cut like the devil.

Yes, I agree. Or Helle knives. And get her one that has a finger guard. I think that is important, in the panic atmosphere of self defence.

Look at these ones:

Helle Speiderkniven
sspeiderkniven.jpg

Helle Speider
sSPEIDER.jpg

Boozoo Chavis said:
The hideaway is a neat little knife that comes with a kydex sheath. A little over your $100 dollar price tag but the "cool factor" almost makes it worth the extra $39 bucks.:D
http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php

stwetlogo.gif

stshwet.gif

Or you can get the Utility hidaway for ~65, or the spyderco SPOT (discontinued) or Swick (new) all for about 50-70 bucks

Also look at the Randall King Knives "Snitch." One of my co-workers has one. She has some paracord on the handle.

Back