Sebenza 21 vs Koenig Arius

Sebenza 21 vs Koenig Arius

• Total voters
Koenig Arius for $490 at blade hq. there is no way I would carry that beautiful and expensive knife as a work knife.

And I own a couple expensive knives but for fishing or work they don’t get used.

Disagree with the nonpareil, maybe not the bias part. The finish is too grippy and when you pull it out of your pocket, you're essentially making it tighter and ripping up your jeans.

Not just the Arius clip is better. Clips like the ones on giant mouse runs, zt0450, even a spydie tenacious, I think are better clips.

I understand what you are saying, I just don't agree.

I've learned to work around the pocket wear problem. I simply lift the clip a little as I seat the knife into my pocket. I do the same thing when taking it out of my pocket, save my pants from "knife wear" no problem.

The clip is designed so that you don't loose your knife, and that is a good thing, not a bad one.

EDIT: Shit happens :rolleyes:: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/edc-help.1658498/

Last edited:
Koenig Arius for $490 at blade hq

I'm a bit biased here, I don't even like the looks of this thing.. But that pricetag is just making me laugh...

I don't understand the attraction to tall blades, is there a function there I don't know of?

What is the functional advantage of a tall blade like this vs f x a reasonably tall blade like the Sebenza?!

Last edited:
I'm a bit biased here, I don't even like the looks of this thing.. But that pricetag is just making me laugh...

I don't understand the attraction to tall blades, is there a function there I don't know of?

What is the functional advantage of a tall blade like this vs f x a reasonably tall blade like the Sebenza?!
This looks much better :)

G7UuF5M.png

RIP Matt.

You can see grind is taller so more acute transition to thick spine = potentially better performance.
That mod is done by @Charlie Mike . Miss the guy, he even ground the K in the brand name lol.
RIP

Reactions: 353
What's the point of an expensive knife if you don't carry it during the times when you most need it?

I do agree. But, some Uber expensive knives probably would not make it in real world use. Jewel encrusted ivory daggers for instance ;)

Fact is I can’t even afford knives that I would be hesitant to use. I suppose that really is determined by the buyer’s interest in collectibles and income. That is why I love CRK knives so much. Not cheap, but real users IMHO. In the end whatever makes you happy my friends.

Koenig Arius for $490 at blade hq. there is no way I would carry that beautiful and expensive knife as a work knife.

And I own a couple expensive knives but for fishing or work they don’t get used.

I carried mine daily for about a year, until I lost it lol. Starting to rethink the way I cary, but to me knives are tools and my Arius deserved to be carried.

I carried mine daily for about a year, until I lost it lol. Starting to rethink the way I cary, but to me knives are tools and my Arius deserved to be carried.

True knives are tools, but I lean to right knife for the right job. I wear steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, earning protection, and leather gloves for my 12 hr shifts. For me to even try to carry a beautiful Arius at work is just setting myself up for heartbreak when I destroy or loose it. I make $150k a year but I carry a $80 sypderco delica IV in common VG10 steel. FRN handles work great in my work environment and if I loose it, I can easily afford to replace it with no hesitation. I wouldn’t even carry a $150 para3 at work.

Now if I was a computer tech or office desk jockey where a paper cut was the most likely work related injury or no danger of loss if I dropped the knife then I see no problem carrying a Arius.

True knives are tools, but I lean to right knife for the right job. I wear steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, earning protection, and leather gloves for my 12 hr shifts. For me to even try to carry a beautiful Arius at work is just setting myself up for heartbreak when I destroy or loose it. I make $150k a year but I carry a $80 sypderco delica IV in common VG10 steel. FRN handles work great in my work environment and if I loose it, I can easily afford to replace it with no hesitation. I wouldn’t even carry a $150 para3 at work.

Now if I was a computer tech or office desk jockey where a paper cut was the most likely work related injury or no danger of loss if I dropped the knife then I see no problem carrying a Arius.

Totally get where you are coming from. When I still had a hammer in hand (10+ years as a framer), I carried a ZT. Now that I'm a superintendent, I'm not nearly as hard on my stuff as I was five years ago lol. However I still do climb in, up, down and around framing all day and thats how my Arius was lost lol.

Back