1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sebenza 21 vs Koenig Arius

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Knifeaddict556, Apr 24, 2019.

Sebenza 21 vs Koenig Arius

1. Sebenza 21

67.6%
  2. Koenig Arius

32.4%
  1. bambam99

bambam99

Oct 8, 2014
    Lol If i find one it's a keeper..
    But if I find 2, consider it sold to you

2. Megawatt308

Megawatt308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Koenig Arius for $490 at blade hq. there is no way I would carry that beautiful and expensive knife as a work knife.

And I own a couple expensive knives but for fishing or work they don’t get used.

3. 353

353 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I understand what you are saying, I just don't agree.

I've learned to work around the pocket wear problem. I simply lift the clip a little as I seat the knife into my pocket. I do the same thing when taking it out of my pocket, save my pants from "knife wear" no problem.

The clip is designed so that you don't loose your knife, and that is a good thing, not a bad one.

EDIT: Shit happens :rolleyes:: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/edc-help.1658498/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    I'm a bit biased here, I don't even like the looks of this thing.. But that pricetag is just making me laugh...

I don't understand the attraction to tall blades, is there a function there I don't know of?

What is the functional advantage of a tall blade like this vs f x a reasonably tall blade like the Sebenza?!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  5. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    This looks much better :)

[​IMG]
    RIP Matt.

V-1, Night Rider and 353 like this.
  6. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    That was one hell of a fast response! :eek:

I like the looks of that one. Very nice mod. :cool::thumbsup:

7. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    You can see grind is taller so more acute transition to thick spine = potentially better performance.
    That mod is done by @Charlie Mike . Miss the guy, he even ground the K in the brand name lol.
    RIP

353 likes this.
  8. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    Yeah, miss him too, he was an all round great guy.. RIP

Mo2 likes this.
  9. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    What's the point of an expensive knife if you don't carry it during the times when you most need it?

Mo2 and Jazz123 like this.
  10. Jazz123

Jazz123

Apr 2, 2014
    I do agree. But, some Uber expensive knives probably would not make it in real world use. Jewel encrusted ivory daggers for instance ;)

Fact is I can’t even afford knives that I would be hesitant to use. I suppose that really is determined by the buyer’s interest in collectibles and income. That is why I love CRK knives so much. Not cheap, but real users IMHO. In the end whatever makes you happy my friends.

James Y, Mo2 and rexromic like this.
  11. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    4090EEE8-2FBF-4553-8B62-EC6EB42A357D.jpeg Simple perfection!
    CRK

12. Novak77

Novak77 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2017
    I carried mine daily for about a year, until I lost it lol. Starting to rethink the way I cary, but to me knives are tools and my Arius deserved to be carried.

13. Megawatt308

Megawatt308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2013
    True knives are tools, but I lean to right knife for the right job. I wear steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, earning protection, and leather gloves for my 12 hr shifts. For me to even try to carry a beautiful Arius at work is just setting myself up for heartbreak when I destroy or loose it. I make $150k a year but I carry a $80 sypderco delica IV in common VG10 steel. FRN handles work great in my work environment and if I loose it, I can easily afford to replace it with no hesitation. I wouldn’t even carry a $150 para3 at work.

Now if I was a computer tech or office desk jockey where a paper cut was the most likely work related injury or no danger of loss if I dropped the knife then I see no problem carrying a Arius.

14. Novak77

Novak77 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Totally get where you are coming from. When I still had a hammer in hand (10+ years as a framer), I carried a ZT. Now that I'm a superintendent, I'm not nearly as hard on my stuff as I was five years ago lol. However I still do climb in, up, down and around framing all day and thats how my Arius was lost lol.

Megawatt308 likes this.