1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sebenza 25 Micarta

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by diracismyhero, Jan 10, 2014.

1. diracismyhero

diracismyhero

Oct 26, 2009
  2. TheAndrew

TheAndrew

Apr 24, 2012
    I don't like how the inlay closer to the blade looks..... It just seems off to me.

3. DBH

DBH

Aug 3, 2001
    At this time, I am on the fence with the inlay pattern.

4. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Yes - not as nicely proportioned as the 21/Classic. Might be a PS mock-up, though?

5. Montanabladefix

Montanabladefix

Aug 23, 2011
    I would like to see more photos before making a call

6. TheAndrew

TheAndrew

Apr 24, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing.

7. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    Not sure. I agree it may need some time to grow on me. At a glance I don't like it, but the inlays on the 21 are burned into my memory, and are truly a design high water mark. These inlays look like they might save on material.

8. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    Serious? I thought someone photoshopped that on there as a joke. Listen, I am a huge CRK fan and have my fair share, but that is hideous.

9. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    I share the same sentiment as others. First impressions tell me it is a little off but time will tell how I think about it when I see more of it.

10. supercoup

supercoup Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2012

+1

I can almost garuntee that that is not what the actual final product will look like.

11. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze

Mar 8, 2010
    Don't care for it personally, but may feel different if actually seen in person.

12. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    +1. Don't look good to me.

13. AL903TX

AL903TX

Nov 16, 2013
    That looks crooked as hell lol! Maybe im used to the 21 but the inlays on this 25 definitely does not look right.

14. batosai117

batosai117

Jun 5, 2007
    I hope that's just a test sample because I definitely don't like the proportions.

15. 13aphomet

13aphomet

Feb 7, 2012
    Something's wrong with the proportions.. should be wider slabs. And the curvature is weird too..
    Just my opinion...

16. jmclfrsh

jmclfrsh Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Hate to say it but I just went onto their web page, that is their official knife. It looks way off to me, too.

I would not even try to act like I know one iota about making knives compared to CRK. But I do know what looks good.

That does not do CRK justice with the 25, truly a phenomenal knife, at least from my perspective.

I'll stay with my regular 25.

17. FordFan

FordFan

Dec 11, 2012
    Not sure I like the curve but no worries here. I like the 25 I have just fine. Not looking for another.

18. ToddM

ToddM

Oct 2, 1998
    I kinda like it, looks pretty sleek, it also is tough to tell from the pictures but the micarta inset looks thinner than the other ones I've seen, I've always thought the other sebenza insets were too thick and stuck out too far from the handle.

19. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I was hoping for a solid inlay with the new 25, I don't like space between the inlays.

20. mikepapa1

mikepapa1

Jun 8, 2013
    Love it or hate it I would bet ten dollars to a doughnut they go into back order by Tuesday afternoon!! (that's if they are even available right now) I know I want one!!:)