• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SECOND PRICE DROP! CUSTOM Al Pendray MS Wootz

Wootz steel knife by Al Pendray. Stag handle with mokume butt. No signs of use or abuse. Knife looks to have been sharpened, probably when made. Small scratch on bolster can be seen in closeup picture of bolster. I do not know if Al made the sheath or not. $595 (was $895) Goods & Services, shipped and insured. 3 day inspection. Buyer pays return shipping. See link for pics.

https://imgur.com/a/3SbKFoz

Hi Steve,

I'll take it if it's still available.

Best Regards,
Ted

Ted: It’s all yours. PayPal me at Steve dot Baisden at Gmail dot com and I’ll get it out to you (with Tracking) on Monday. Thanks!

Great! Will send you Paypal payment this weekend.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ted

If possible, please ship the knife in a padded thin box via USPS so that the postman can put it in my locked mail box.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted: knife shipped out today and I just emailed you tracking. Sorry, I didn’t see padded envelope request before it shipped. Went in a small usps box. Hopefully not too big a hassle.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for following up with me.

I received the carefully packed package yesterday, earlier than expected. This knife is so nicely made and I'm very impressed with the superb workmanship of Mr. Pendray. Glad to add this one to my knife collections.

A couple questions for you. Would you recommend that I store this knife in the sheath or separately? Do you think it may rust if being stored in sheath for a long time?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ted

I’ve always stored out of sheath to avoid trapping moisture and a few drops of mineral oil rubbed into the handle a few times a year will keep it looking nice. Thanks for a great transaction!

Put some Renaissance Wax on the metal parts. Wootz has little resistance to corrosion. This is an Al Pendray Wootz Bowie.image.jpeg

Back