• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Seiko SKX009 modded

Up for sale is my used Seiko SKX009 200m dive watch, modded. Seiko's legendary diver, and now discontinued, with several nice mods installed. Barton canvas quick change strap currently installed. Aftermarket steel bracelet is currently sized for my 7.25" wrist.

NH36 upgraded movement (hacking/handwinding/day-date), sapphire crystal (w/ no AR coating), Strapcode super jubilee bracelet (w/ 1 extra link & pin), and two Barton quick change straps are all included. Original factory boxes/pillow, Seiko rubber strap, and original 7s26 movement are also included. Mods were performed by Duarte at Northeast Watch Works. Pressure tested after after sapphire crystal install.

Worn in semi-regular rotation, and so does show some signs of wear (mostly on the case) - specifically, a few small dings/dents on non-crown side of case, back of lugs from strap changes, and some light scratches on top of bottom lug nearest to the crown. Crystal and bezel are clean with no marks. Good overall condition, good working order, and would make for a fantastic everyday wearer/beater. Not a pristine collector's piece, though. Please see pics below.

$260250 shipped

*Not looking for trades at this time.

**Payment via PayPal Goods & Services only. My price above is inclusive of all PayPal fees and shipping to your verified PayPal address. By purchasing this knife, you're acknowledging that you're at least 18 years of age.
***I expect to receive payment within one hour, at most, or I'll move to the next person in line or relist the item unless other arrangements have been agreed upon by me.

The first definitive "I'll take it," and then promptly followed up with a request for my PP info via PM (preferred) or e-mail, gets it.

For ease of reference, I've listed my e-mail below. Please e-mail me directly and not through the bladeforums' relay system. However, I do reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone at any point at my own discretion, especially if I have you on my Ignore List.

I will ship within the US only via USPS 1st Class with tracking.

wilson52175 (at) hotmail (dot) com

20190926_090640-1814x2419.jpg 20190926_090754-1814x2419.jpg 20190926_090705-1814x2419.jpg 20190926_090715-1814x2419.jpg

Last edited:
Does the chapter ring line up with the dial? Looks like it’s off at 12:00

Does the chapter ring line up with the dial? Looks like it’s off at 12:00

Chapter ring is slightly offset to the left, yes. Dial indices and bezel markers line up well, however. I've tried to price it accordingly, though, given all of the extras included in this sale as well as the mods.

Back