• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.
  • Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Self Lock utility hunter

This is a new model for me. It is my Self lock hunter. It's a sezeable folder at 4 1/4" long closed, and 7 1/2" open. The handle is contoured titanium. I 3D machined the handle sides, and left the fine machined texture on them. It has an interesting effect. Blade steel is S30V at RC59, hand rubbed to 800 grit.

The self lock is very easy to use and locks up nice and solid. It is an ambidextious lock, and is sealed from all but the finest and minute debris. The folder is pined together with stainless domed pins.

I have two of these ready to go. I can also install a thumb stud at no extra cost. Price is $360 each, shipped CONUS via Priority mail. I accept Credit cards ( MC/Visa) or paypal, and of course check or MO.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Utilhunter.jpg
    Utilhunter.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 417
  • utilhunter2.jpg
    utilhunter2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 971
Bailey,I sent an e-mail and a phone call,I'm down for one as well,Thank You,
Vince

Bailey, I saw this 2 minutes too late
brick-wall-101.gif
brick-wall-101.gif
brick-wall-101.gif

That has to be one of the nicest folders I have seen in a long time. :) Awesome design and workmanship looks to me even in the pictures :thumbup:

Or possibly more!!. I am in for one, with a thumbbob, when you "git er done".

If you're coming to Stout's hammer-in, I could pick it up there. Or let me know.

Ron Hanz

I have more parts on the make....I will be in touch,

Won't be going to the hammer-in though..I have two shows this month to get through:eek:

If another one of these should become available, I would take one also.:)

Sorry you can't make it to the hammer-in. Always a good time.

Would it be possible for you to install a tip-up carry position clip? If so, what would be the additional cost?

Thanks,

Ron Hanz

Ron,

Please forgive my ignorance.... By tip up, I assume you mean to put the clip on the rear of the knife so the tip is pointed up in the pocket???

I can install a clip for another $15.00. The thing with clips for me is they just never flow with the knife, so I don't put them on unless requested.

Bailey:

Your assumption is correct :). I agree with you, but I hate to have a knife at the bottom of my pocket and don't like wearing a belt sheath.

If you would install a clip, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Ron Hanz

Say, Bailey, how many of these are you thinking of making? Just to know. I'm definitely interested in these, as having a totally ambi-knife would be quite nice! Also, do these come with your regular logo etched on them or just a tang stamp? Thanks!

I will be making many more of these. I really appreciate the response, and the timing couldn't be better ( I have a baby girl due middle of next month).

The first couple of these I made were just to test the waters as they are a departure from my usual fare. Obviously I stumbled onto a good thing, so I will be making many more. If you have, or want to express interest in one, I will get in touch with you.

I have a show this weekend ( Dallas Safari Club...awesome show to see!!), and the ABS Reno show two weeks later. I will make another run after Reno.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Sir, please add me to your obviously growing list! If you could possibly do ambidextrous thumb studs that would be fantastic. I will send you and email to confirm.

I think you have hit upon a winning formula. Ever since I first saw your work I have been hoping for the chance of owning one of your knives. I purchased a Browning 579 and enjoy it immensely, but it's not the same! :D

blueskyjaunte at gmail dot com

I will be making many more of these. I really appreciate the response, and the timing couldn't be better ( I have a baby girl due middle of next month).

The first couple of these I made were just to test the waters as they are a departure from my usual fare. Obviously I stumbled onto a good thing, so I will be making many more. If you have, or want to express interest in one, I will get in touch with you.

I have a show this weekend ( Dallas Safari Club...awesome show to see!!), and the ABS Reno show two weeks later. I will make another run after Reno.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Congratulations on your baby! Please put me in line for your next batch as well.

Thank you.

Bill

You know, about the only thing that you could add to that would be someplace for a lanyard (maybe a bail?) Looking forward to seeing these come out!

ETA: By the by, when you have any more ready to go, could we get a top view of it to better see the contouring on the handles? It looks like they're swelled perhaps? I'd be interested to see that. Thanks!

Back