• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Seller hundo760; changes prices in DM, requests F&F, does not disclose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI I have not received any resolution to this yet. Hopefully the seller will resolve this quickly.
If the partial refund that you asked for isn’t forthcoming. Just cancel the deal and return the knife for a full refund. You would be very justified in doing so. I think that this seller will just continue to complicate the hell out of things if you don’t resolve this quickly.

I actually had that listed in description, I have screenshots if wanted and can get you a replacement like I said from Koenig when I messaged you.

H hundo760 Actually, I would like to see a screen shot of the original post. In particular, I would like to see if the listing said something along the lines of “basically BNIB” as Cosmik001 Cosmik001 claims, and also if you mention the missing screw.

BNIB and missing a screw are light years apart in my mind, regardless of how easy it is to get a replacement.

H hundo760 Actually, I would like to see a screen shot of the original post. In particular, I would like to see if the listing said something along the lines of “basically BNIB” as Cosmik001 Cosmik001 claims, and also if you mention the missing screw.

BNIB and missing a screw are light years apart in my mind, regardless of how easy it is to get a replacement.

I'd like to see the original post as well. I want to see if the seller is a liar, too. Maybe he doesn't even know that the Mods can see the edits of every post :D...

Last edited:
Just FYI I have not received any resolution to this yet. Hopefully the seller will resolve this quickly.

Update us if he does, but you should be able to get a full refund through PP no matter what he does. His taking action now was for his benefit. The forum is much more forgiving of those that take care of their problems when they come up. His practices are marginal at best and pretty outrages, even those without specific rules against them. He is going to have to change his ways if he wants to stay around here long, and if he doesn't understand this it may be really short.

Here is the original description.
Koenig Arius and Mini Goblin($600): Pretty much bnib, just noticed I forgot to screw in after cleaning it, comes with original boxing and card.
He mentions a screw but it is far from clear to me that it is missing.
"cleaning" and "removing a screw" are not equivalent to me.
IMO, once you start removing screws it is no longer "Pretty much BNIB".

Thank you, Knarfeng.

From what I've read to this point, IMO the seller was intentionally being less than forthcoming about the condition of the knife. A knife with obvious signs of wear and no further explanation is not "pretty much bnib." "just noticed I forgot to screw in" is not equivalent to loosing a screw.

Intentionally being less than honest in a sales thread is equivalent to trying to screw the buyer. The fact that the seller waited until after the knife was shipped to come clean about the missing screw just proves the point.

Although the vast majority of sales here are agreeable, the rare shamsters like hundo760 go a long way in keeping me out of the Exchange these days.

Cosmik001, open a dispute immediately with PayPal. Get a full refund.
hundo760, refund Cosmik's money then go back to Instagram. You're done here as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Yeah... Used car salesman 100%.

That's real shady. I'm for a new rule about LNIB/BNIB sales. Seems like there's an influx of sales stating mint/used knives as being new.

If I saw that knife in person at a brick and mortar shop and the guy behind the counter said it was pretty much brand new I would laugh at his face.

Here is the original description.

He mentions a screw but it is far from clear to me that it is missing.
"cleaning" and "removing a screw" are not equivalent to me.
IMO, once you start removing screws it is no longer "Pretty much BNIB".
Thank you. 100% agree. I don't know that the screw mention is deliberately uninformative, but combined with the behavior and the misuse of BNIB it seems pretty deeply suspect.

Thank you, Knarfeng.

From what I've read to this point, IMO the seller was intentionally being less than forthcoming about the condition of the knife. A knife with obvious signs of wear and no further explanation is not "pretty much bnib." "just noticed I forgot to screw in" is not equivalent to loosing a screw.

Intentionally being less than honest in a sales thread is equivalent to trying to screw the buyer. The fact that the seller waited until after the knife was shipped to come clean about the missing screw just proves the point.

Although the vast majority of sales here are agreeable, the rare shamsters like hundo760 go a long way in keeping me out of the Exchange these days.

Cosmik001, open a dispute immediately with PayPal. Get a full refund.
hundo760, refund Cosmik's money then go back to Instagram. You're done here as far as I'm concerned.

This, this right here. Hundo looks like yet another Instagram scumbag here to try to rip people off.

My impression is that the seller is simply a slack-ass, jackleg with little to no interest in anything but getting his knife sold, happy to say or do whatever's required to get that done. A perfect exemplar of what we can do without around here.

Wow you guys are talking super negative jumping to conclusions about me. At then end of the day 90% of guys I’ve done business with talk to me and are stoked on deals I’ve gave them. SonI’m going to fully refund him and have it sent back. He’s just trying to get $200 refund off the original asking price after he threw dirt on my name. And for you to say all this Instagram guy bullshit that’s messed up sounds like some insecurity things going on but idc I’m done with this lame hater forum and I know I’ve got more ppl that would vouch saying I did them right on many deals than the guy trying to fuck me over on $200 after I didn’t respond the exact day he got knife over the weekend.

Asking for a $200 refund and keeping the knife (if true) is equally as scummy.

Just saying...

I asked for $100.00 offer through PayPal when I created the case, which is enough for me to get a replacement pack of screws from Koenig and for the knife not being as described. I think that is reasonable and fair.

Here is the original case comments:

P5y8vE4.png

Wow you guys are talking super negative jumping to conclusions about me. At then end of the day 90% of guys I’ve done business with talk to me and are stoked on deals I’ve gave them. SonI’m going to fully refund him and have it sent back. He’s just trying to get $200 refund off the original asking price after he threw dirt on my name. And for you to say all this Instagram guy bullshit that’s messed up sounds like some insecurity things going on but idc I’m done with this lame hater forum and I know I’ve got more ppl that would vouch saying I did them right on many deals than the guy trying to fuck me over on $200 after I didn’t respond the exact day he got knife over the weekend.

You smell like an Instagram scamster. You're done with this "hater forum"? Fantastic. Seeya, eff off back to Reddit or IG where it's easy to scam people, that seems to be more your speed. We don't need or want you around here. "I know I’ve got more ppl that would vouch saying I did them right on many deals" Heh, given your whopping six feedback, I doubt any of those "ppl"* are Bladeforums members, therefore those "vouches" are worthless, rather like you as a seller calling something that was clearly used and disassembled as "Basically LNIB".

*Only idiots type like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back