Selling Difficulty

PhateMaster

Gold Member
I’m fairly new here and not sure if this is the right place for this post but here goes. I have only gotten into knives seriously over the last several months. I started with buying from retailers for the first little bit. Then over the last month wanting to try some more high end options I started buying here. I am now in a place where I am trying to sell off some of the things that ended up not being for me to help cover the costs of what I want to keep. I was able to sell one and have listed 3 more. A Sebenza 31 and two Medfords (Proxima and Slim Midi). All are from what I can tell in excellent condition. For some reason I haven’t really generated any interest in them. I am trying to figure things out and could use some help. Is there something I am doing wrong with my posts? Wording? Photos? Pricing? Please help if you can I truly appreciate any guidance. Thanks!!

Well... this is "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades", so you're already in the wrong forum for this kind of question considering what you're trying to move along.

You are a brand new member and you are asking people to take a huge risk with PayPal F&F. I won't do that with long standing members...
I hear that. It just seemed to be what everyone is doing these days with the new tax laws. Almost everything I’ve bought here has been with PayPal F&F. Do you really think that’s my issue?

Well... this is "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades", so you're already in the wrong forum for this kind of question considering what you're trying to move along.
I’m sorry like I said I’m new here so if you could tell me where this post should actually be I would appreciate it.

I’m fairly new here and not sure if this is the right place for this post but here goes. I have only gotten into knives seriously over the last several months. I started with buying from retailers for the first little bit. Then over the last month wanting to try some more high end options I started buying here. I am now in a place where I am trying to sell off some of the things that ended up not being for me to help cover the costs of what I want to keep. I was able to sell one and have listed 3 more. A Sebenza 31 and two Medfords (Proxima and Slim Midi). All are from what I can tell in excellent condition. For some reason I haven’t really generated any interest in them. I am trying to figure things out and could use some help. Is there something I am doing wrong with my posts? Wording? Photos? Pricing? Please help if you can I truly appreciate any guidance. Thanks!!
May I suggest you read the guidelines for this sub-forum.

Well if you take a look back at the thread in which you purchased the 31 ... LInk: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/damascus-sebenza-hinderer-firetac.1869504/#post-21198818
You will see that yours was the only response for the 31and the seller, who has been a member here since 2014, got zero responses on the Hinderer
So, it's not really anything to do with how you post ... except this isn't the forum for exchange questions, and questions concerning non-traditional knives

I hear that. It just seemed to be what everyone is doing these days with the new tax laws. Almost everything I’ve bought here has been with PayPal F&F. Do you really think that’s my issue?
It may or may not be your issue, but I'd say it doesn't help. We're all cautioned against using F&F, though I do use it when I know the person personally.
I’m sorry like I said I’m new here so if you could tell me where this post should actually be I would appreciate it.
knarfeng knarfeng perhaps Frank can help move your thread to a better place.

If you participate in the non-exchange topics for a few months, people will get to know you and be more willing to conduct business transactions.

If you participate in the non-exchange topics for a few months, people will get to know you and be more willing to conduct business transactions.
That’s a good idea though I’m not sure how to go about that. I’m not really a social media wiz.

That’s a good idea though I’m not sure how to go about that. I’m not really a social media wiz.

I shall assist you!

At the top of your screen, click the little arrow next to What's New. On the drop-down, click New Posts. Start reading topics and then join in the conversations when you have some relevant to add, a funny comment, or even ask questions. Kind of like what you did here, but on a bigger scale and then keep doing it until people know you.

I shall assist you!

At the top of your screen, click the little arrow next to What's New. On the drop-down, click New Posts. Start reading topics and then join in the conversations when you have some relevant to add, a funny comment, or even ask questions. Kind of like what you did here, but on a bigger scale and then keep doing it until people know you.
Thanks so much! You have been really kind and helpful!!

I do think it is part of the problem.

People on every forum I go to are blowing this tax thing way out of proportion. I've been selling online since 1997 and the tax laws
have never cost me that much or bumped me into a higher income bracket.

I do hate paying taxes on high dollar items though!

I do think it is part of the problem.

People on every forum I go to are blowing this tax thing way out of proportion. I've been selling online since 1997 and the tax laws
have never cost me that much or bumped me into a higher income bracket.

I do hate paying taxes on high dollar items though!
I think the issue is more the hassle of keeping track of everything you sold and how much you got for it plus what it cost you including fees and shipping. It’s a real PIA.

Back