• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Semi skinner/pine cone handle

SDS

This is a hunting knife made from 3/16" D2 steel with a hollow grind, brass guard and a pine cone handle. The overall length is 7 5/8" and the blade is 3 1/4".

085-2.jpg

087-2.jpg

$165 + shipping (about $8).

Shipping outside the US is dependant upon the location. Buyer covers shipping costs.
Paypal or money order.

Shawn
SDS Knifeworks

Last edited:
"Pine cone handle"
Is this wood carved to look like a pine cone ?
roland

No, this is pine cone encased in a green tinted resin. It has a sort of iridescent look in sunlight. Sorry I didn't explain it in the first post.

SDS

Fancier, I really like the way it turned out. I'm wishing I had gotten more of these scales when I bought these. They seem very stable and the colors are much better than what I was able to show in the pictures.

SDS

Very nice SDS! Very unique and the finish work looks great.

Do you in-house treat or send out and was wondering if you know the hardness #...?

Thanks!

Nice rig, i have some of the pine cone in the shop just never used it yet,its cool like the cactus!

Magnumb, I do everything myself including the heat treating. I do not test each knife for RC hardness but this knife should be at or very near 58-59.

BAcustomknives, thanks. I had this for quite awhile before I used it and now wish I had gotten more. It's a reall slick handle. It's difficult to show in a picture what it really looks like.

Thanks for the compliments.
SDS

Back