• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Sending Knife to Thailand

I just sold a knife on Ebay (Damascus Mini-SOCOM, MA), and even though I stated on the auction "shipping only in USA" the winning bidder is in Thailand.

Any thoughts on this transaction? Should I cancel it? Is it legal to send the knife to Thailand?

Nick :confused:

If you already have the money and they pay the extra shipping and accept responsibility for any potential problems with international postage then I dont see a problem.

If its not an auto then there is no problems at all shiping the knife.

Autos seem to be legal to sell and carry in Thailand but I dont know about importing them.
The laws can be a bit blury there so i dont know for sure.

ktk

I am in Thailand and have been purchasing several knives from USA. I would say no problem sending a knife to Thailand. You may ask to declare it as camp tools and may be asked to underdeclare the knife since import tax for a knife is about 20-30% of declared value. The best way to do so is to use International USPS express mail because you can track the machandise.

There are some Thai forumites and they are reliable. We have three Thai websites for knife enthusiasts.

I hope this help.

I had a couple of international sniffs of a knife I had up for sale recently. I very clearly described (as Haze suggested) what would be their risk, and fiscal responsibility in the potential deals. Both parties chose not to undertake the deal(s), which was fine by me as I would rather folks be well-informed and uninterested, than allowed to have their fantasy yet unhappy when reality bit 'em in the tuckus. I was also unwilling to declare the value as less than it was. I was, as always, willing to accurately describe it as a "camping tool."
all da best,
rats...

Change your ebay setup to only allow bids from countries where you agree to ship... saves a lot of hassle.

To add buyer requirements to your listings:
In My eBay, under the My Account column, click the "Preferences" link.

In the Seller Preferences section, click the “Edit” link. The Buyer Requirements page opens.

Select your buyer requirements. These include blocking buyers who:

Are registered in countries to which you don't ship

Have a negative feedback score

Have received Unpaid Item strikes

Have reportedly violated eBay policies

Are currently winning or have bought '1-100' of your items in the last 10 days

Do not have a PayPal account

Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Whitie, that's the BEST advice ever!

Would never have known about that!

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nick:thumbup: