• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shadetree Custom Composites

fod

a la sombra
Thank you for the interest in Shadetree Custom Composites. All of my products are handmade in Jackson Michigan, USA from quality materials.

The composites I make for knife handles are very tough, warm to the touch and are very distinctive looking. From team colors to subdued and camouflage colors, no problem. Contact me and let’s discuss your project and what I can do for you.

I use a high quality, water clear aero-marine epoxy resin in everything I make. It is the same type of resin used to lay up aircraft wings and boat hulls; it is expensive, but it makes the best possible product for you, my customer. The resin cures hard, is highly chemical resistant and rated to a minimum of 280 degrees Fahrenheit.

Some of the materials I use as substrates are cotton, linen, canvas, burlap, carbon fiber, fiberglass and other fibers. These materials can be mixed and matched in all sorts of colors and combination of colors and materials. I can flat lay the materials or twist, shred and otherwise manipulate the materials for interesting patterns. Dyes and glow powders can be added for unique effects.

My present maximum and preferred size just now is 12” x 18” for flat laid composites. Prices for this size start about $195, depending on materials and thickness.

I’ll be happy to quote other styles, sizes and materials, as well as adding glow dust and dyes.

The best way to contact me would be through email. PMs are ok for questions etc., but it is easier for me to track orders thru email.

Once again, thanks for your interest,

-Todd

shadetreephenolics(at)gmail(dot)com

Last edited:
Fod makes great stuff!

I sent him some hemp Burlap and he made me these scales!

shing1rm6.jpg

shing2ap5.jpg

Here some composite I had Fod make for me from women's panties...

IMG_0772.jpg

FOD made these great glow in the dark Kryptonite scales for my Matt Bailey Hunter (Top Knife). I really like em'!!!!:thumbup:

Steve

Last edited:

FOD made these great glow in the dark Kryptonite scales for my Matt Bailey Hunter (Top Knife). I really like em'!!!!:thumbup:

Steve

What a great looking set of knives!

I know which one I like best!;)

Steve

Steve could I ask where you got the sheaths? I am a lefty that needs metal clipped sheaths like that. Thanks

Matt Bailey made them along with the knives. I carry them in my right front pocket and they work great.
Matt posts on the for sale section pretty often but if you need contact info let me know.Steve

Matt Bailey made them along with the knives. I carry them in my right front pocket and they work great.
Matt posts on the for sale section pretty often but if you need contact info let me know.Steve

Got it. Thanks

Back