Shallot Composite Blade Boutique Run

Put me down for at least one of those CB Shallots! This just gets better and better.

This project just keeps sounding better and better every day:thumbup::thumbup: All I can say is that I am REALLY looking forward to this knife!!

I know that there are some polls going on, with the expectation of more to come, on the subject of a forum knife. It seems more focussed than past discussions, but I am concerned that the result will be the same. There does appear to be a significant amount of interest in a forum Shallot. If it increases the possibility of this actually happening, I'll make the following offer: I will purchase a set quantity of forum knives from Kershaw (50 or 100?), hopefully at dealer or reseller prices, and handle the distribution to forum members. The cost of the knife to forum members will be actual cost of the knives plus actual cost of shipping, with a certain percentage added as a contribution to submitted to Bladeforums.com. If Kershaw is concerned about pricing information, we will keep the percentage going to Bladeforums.com unspecified, but Kershaw (or someone they choose) will get full information about the sales to ensure that nothing is out of line. I would also suggest that Kershaw get our names and info for their mailing list/marketing use, but that could be done on a person by person basis (and kershaw probably has most of us on their list anyway).

With that, I think the only issue to resolve in getting this done would be to agree on a marking.

What do you think?

I know that there are some polls going on, with the expectation of more to come, on the subject of a forum knife. It seems more focussed than past discussions, but I am concerned that the result will be the same. There does appear to be a significant amount of interest in a forum Shallot. If it increases the possibility of this actually happening, I'll make the following offer: I will purchase a set quantity of forum knives from Kershaw (50 or 100?), hopefully at dealer or reseller prices, and handle the distribution to forum members. The cost of the knife to forum members will be actual cost of the knives plus actual cost of shipping, with a certain percentage added as a contribution to submitted to Bladeforums.com. If Kershaw is concerned about pricing information, we will keep the percentage going to Bladeforums.com unspecified, but Kershaw (or someone they choose) will get full information about the sales to ensure that nothing is out of line. I would also suggest that Kershaw get our names and info for their mailing list/marketing use, but that could be done on a person by person basis (and kershaw probably has most of us on their list anyway).

With that, I think the only issue to resolve in getting this done would be to agree on a marking.

What do you think?

I'm up for it. How's about additional etching of the forum member's nickname for a fee?

Definately up for it... :)

If this forum knife idea moves forward, one possible marking might be something like this:

shallot.jpg

I'm not sure what the criteria are for a doable marking. I'm assuming that it should be a single color (black). And someone with graphics skills could definitely do a better job, but I thought I would throw this idea out.

How big will this knife be (Blade size, handle, etc)? I might have to find something to trade and trade someone out of one.

Back