Shallot Composite Blade Boutique Run

Thomas W

Banned
Thought you all might want to see some real early blade images of the upcoming CB Shallot. The item number will be 1840CBZDP. Hopefully you can see the random pattern between the two steels ok. I'll keep you updated with some more images as the blade is processed and is finished up.

The Composite Blade will be composed of a 14C28N and ZDP-189 combination. Standard steel framelock. USA made. I'd imagine we will see the run land at about 800-900 pieces. MSRP $124.95. Delivery will be end of Sept. You should be able to find them at all your favorite cutlery outlets.

Picture232.jpg

Picture233.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Picture231.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Very nice, very nice. A composite blade with ZDP189! Wish it had titanium for the handle but that MSRP makes me forget about the titanium real quick.

I have a feeling I'll be getting my first composite Kershaw around the end of September. Nice.

me too :) but it wont be the last :) is there going to be a coating on the blade thomas? or more like the ZDP leek

Thomas W

Banned
The blade will be etched, this will bring out some contrast between the two steels (similar to the current look of the CPM-D2 Composite Leeks, JYD II's, and Tyrades). The ZDP will etch quite dark, so it will look really nice.

thomas or anyone else in the know....who are the dealers most likely to carry these.....looks great thomas......ryan

Thomas W

Banned
As mentioned Ryan, you will be able find them at most all of the popular cutlery outlets.

thanks thomas.....i look forward to em.....it'll be my first chance to try out the zdp.....ryan

The blade will be etched, this will bring out some contrast between the two steels (similar to the current look of the CPM-D2 Composite Leeks, JYD II's, and Tyrades). The ZDP will etch quite dark, so it will look really nice.

thanks thomas! i've held off on the shallot in favor of some other knives. but i am sooooo down for these :). any news on the CB ram? or at least perhaps some new proposed specs? also keep up the pics as production progresses :)

thanks!

Thomas W

Banned
Here's what the finished knife will look like.

shallot.jpg

I'll keep you all updated.

Wrap me a couple! CB goes really well with shallot's lines. Match made in heaven :D

Thomas W

Banned
SladeGT40, no news on the CB Ram, as it's been put on the back burner for the time being.

thats okay. this is quite nice and there will be three black rams coming my way as soon as they get released :)

thanks for the updates thomas,

Matt