Shaman brown micarta

Shaman in micarta...

• Oh you know it’s MY-carta

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Carbon fiber or get off my lawn

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Will this eclipse the hype beast of the REC para 3? Those are impossible to find now.

Micarta is king! I am jumping on the hype train for this one. My only trifling complaint is that it would look better without the "extraneous" clip holes (right-hand tip-up for life).
Same here.
Wire clip on this one would do it for me.

The only time I had a micarta knife was an inlayed Shiro F95. I was worried about staining it. I'm find myself in machine shops pretty often and eat take out steaks in hotel rooms with a pocket knife semi regularly.

I guess I'm asking if micarta stains. My logic is a tap oil or buffalo sauce stain would bother me more than a scratch on plain TI or CF.

The only time I had a micarta knife was an inlayed Shiro F95. I was worried about staining it. I'm find myself in machine shops pretty often and eat take out steaks in hotel rooms with a pocket knife semi regularly.

I guess I'm asking if micarta stains. My logic is a tap oil or buffalo sauce stain would bother me more than a scratch on plain TI or CF.
I find it washes up quite good. It doesn't seem very permeable so the staining doesn't seem to go deep or stick around after a wash or two.

I have started breaking the news to my wife I'm buying this..

There was a thread discussing comparison between G10 and micarta. What I gathered from it is each has pros and cons. But there are far more knives with g10 than micarta, thus making this shaman even rarer. Plus the steel and the price (which is relatively low if you consider the price of the regular production model), it makes this knife highly sought.

I will try to snag one but if I fail, it will be fine and I will not pay an inflated price in the secondary market. I am sure there will be more limited runs of Shaman in the future (just like PM2).

ok, first off I really like how it looks, and I absolutely agree micarta is better grip wise and aesthetically over g10

however, I'm a bit sick of all the 'limited release' runs with inflated pricing, I know they've almost singled handedly created this niche market but it doesn't mean I have to be a fan of the mechanics of them ; )

Maybe Spyderco will get sneaky and debut a "super sprint" run of 2400. Double the knives and fun.

The poll is missing a "Both versions" option, as well as the red G10 DLC 4V and the Rexwood version.

I wish I could find where to get in on this, I really am starting to dislike you guys after the Smock and Ikuchi.:mad:

Ok, this would be the version of the Shaman for me.

I'm confused. Does Spyderco offer sprint and LE knives for presale ever? Having them sold out on presale indicates that this will be an ongoing production run, doesn't it?

Ok, this would be the version of the Shaman for me.

I'm confused. Does Spyderco offer sprint and LE knives for presale ever? Having them sold out on presale indicates that this will be an ongoing production run, doesn't it?
Spyderco does not, I assume venders know what their allotment will be and it's their prerogative to offer knives for sale prior to receiving shipment.

Spyderco does not, I assume venders know what their allotment will be and it's their prerogative to offer knives for sale prior to receiving shipment.
Have vendors pre-sold sprint runs before? I don't recall ever seeing it...

Hey guys I was able to get a red 4v exclusive shaman. Anyone else get one?

I was able to get one too, so now I have 2 shamans on the way in addition to my plain one I already have lol. They sold out in I think like 75-80 seconds? My order says I completed my transaction in 37 seconds, and that was after being kicked out to the main page somehow when I hit the cart button, thankfully I was able to recover.

Who has gotten one? I’ve seen a couple pop on Instagram but nothing here yet.

Back