1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Shaman sprint run?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Peakbagger46, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Peakbagger46

Peakbagger46 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Anyone have an idea when a Shaman sprint run will be coming out? Will it likely be in a high carbon steel like M4?

Stang Bladeworks likes this.
  2. cashville

cashville Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Last I heard was S90V / CF from what I remember

3. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    Sounds like they are trying to decide between CF/S90V and Micarta/Cruwear. I vote for the latter.

4. Peakbagger46

Peakbagger46 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Likewise! I’d have no purpose for a S90v version of this knife, but would probably sell my current Shaman to buy a high carbon steel one.

Micarta would be cool too!

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  5. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Micarta and Cruwear please!

6. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    I would be down for either one. CF and s90v would be phenomenal, but more costly I would assume. But man, a micarta Cruwear would be like nothing else I have. Tough call. I don’t envy whoever it is that has to make that decision.

7. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    Only if it's black micarta :p

8. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Yeah, if it's black Micarta and Cruwear I'm all in!!!

Sushimoto likes this.
  9. MaxFactor

MaxFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2012
    There's an active thread on the subject over on Spyderco's own forum.

To quote Sal, "...Eric's leaning, CF with a super steel like S90V or S110V. It's up for discussion now. Though I must admit, having carried a Shaman quite a bit, I'd like one in Cruwear and brown canvas Micarta."

amateur blacksmith likes this.
  10. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I vote for brown micarta and cruwear. Less common and less expensive than CF/S110V.

jstn likes this.
  11. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Easily cruwear.

Don’t really like this model with 110v in mind.

Cutleryhater and bladesrckool like this.
  12. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Cru wear and Micarta will have my money.

13. alinla

alinla

Feb 23, 2016
    There was a poll/ vote on one of the forums. The forum choice was Micarta Cruwear combo. If it becomes a reality is another thing altogether. But someone (maybe Sal?) said that the dealers watch our threads closely so there's a chance that if Spyderco themselves don't initiate it, a dealer could order a Sprint version.

**Your mileage may vary. Not valid in all 50 states. The Surgeon General warns that playing/collecting with knives may lead to fun, which is a leading cause of Spyderco obsession. See participating Spyderco fanboy(s) for details.

14. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I could get down with micarta and cruwear, or Rex 45 would be rad.

15. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Cruwear seems to lend itself to the Shaman as it's a hard-use type knife, as does micarta. I'd be all over that combo. I don't like S90V or S110V, and generally won't even consider a knife in either due to their tendencies to chip.

16. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Yep, Cruwear and Micarta all the way. Id prefer green, burgundy, denim, or black micarta over the light brown that was suggested, but id still buy a brown one if that is what it ended up with.

Cutleryhater and din like this.
  17. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    Cruwear, Will get my money too. Some grippy micarta would be nice. Burgundy or grren as requested above sounds like a great colour choice

Cutleryhater likes this.
  18. 731Chopper

731Chopper Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2017
    Cruwear and Micarta, please.

CF and s90v has been done 100 times and doesn’t fit the knife anyways in my opinion.

19. 731Chopper

731Chopper Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2017
    Cruwear and Micarta, please.

CF and s90v has been done 100 times and doesn’t fit the knife anyways in my opinion.

20. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    M390 or equal and Black Micarta the same way they did it on the satin finish Street Beat