Shaman Vs Manix 2

Shaman vs Manix 2

• Total voters
Have one of each. 52100 Manix 2. M4 Shaman. I like 'em both. It would be hard to choose one over the other.

I own a "standard" version of the Manix 2, Manix 2 XL and Shaman.

I like them all but do not use/carry any of them. If I did, I would choose the Manix 2, Manix 2 XL and Shaman, in that order.

Which you prefer depends on your criteria:

1) Biggest blade - Manix 2 XL
2) Ease of carry - lightest wt/smallest handle - Manix 2
3) Axis lock - Manix 2 or Manix 2 XL
4) Compression lock - Shaman
5) Largest handle size/thickness - Shaman
6) Blade steel options - Manix 2
7) Price - Manix 2

Definitely the Shaman for me. Sold my Manix XL bc it never connected to me. I carry my Manix 2 and my Shaman a lot (Shaman is a Rex45 for full disclosure) but I very much prefer the Shaman. Enough that I have been looking for a user S30v Shaman to rotate into the Manix 2s slot for work carry.

The Manix 2 is at the upper size limit of what I prefer in the pocket. It also has thinner blade stock which makes it more slicey.

I own two Manix 2's and do not own a Shaman however I assume that the Shaman would be best for a volume of hard cutting.

Edit: The Manix does have the advantage of a continuous flat surface on the spine, with no lock tab, which has it's own advantages for volumes of hard work.

Either are extremely capable and durable knife platforms.

Last edited:
Is the handle of Shaman thicker than that of full size griptilian? I am talking about the thickest part.

In terms of price-to-performance ratio, I’d give the edge to the Manix 2. I often find the Manix 2 at lower prices than the Shaman. Earlier this year (or was it last year?), finally pulled the trigger on the S110V Manix 2. Really happy with the purchase.

fEGLa22.jpg

I'd say manix 2 but in g10 not the biggest fan of the plasticity models like on my maxamet version. But at least the thing never gets dull it's a freak of nature!

I have Manix 2 so can not speak for Shaman. But USD140 can get you a Manix 2 G10 with some super steel, while a USD200 can only give you a S30v Shaman.

I really like the handle of Shaman, it looks like a fixed blade. I may get a Shaman later. But for heavy duty work, I will grab my fixed blade knife.

I have both. 1 shaman and 4 manix 2s if that tells you anything. 3 G-10 versions and one lightweight. The Manix 2 is just about perfect for me. Great blade, slices, comfortable ergonomic handle.

I have Manix 2 so can not speak for Shaman. But USD140 can get you a Manix 2 G10 with some super steel, while a USD200 can only give you a S30v Shaman.

I really like the handle of Shaman, it looks like a fixed blade. I may get a Shaman later. But for heavy duty work, I will grab my fixed blade knife.
This. The Shaman is barely larger than the Manix 2 so anything you need to do with a Shaman, pretty sure the Manix 2 can pull it off too. But knowing me, I’ll still pick up the overpriced Shaman sumdeh. Damn it, Sal and Eric Glesser.

Hey nice! Hope you tell us soon about it. Enjoy your new knife, man.
I had this come in today as well...
202398-A6-4-C4-F-4-B83-8907-8-CDF7-ACB44-C9.jpg

Being on lock down at home has definitely made me buy a lot of knives online...I ordered a para 3 lightweight clip from Spyderco to put on the manix 2 lightweight. Hope it works out ok. One thing I wish the manic LW had was a factory deep carry clip.

Last edited:
I received my Manix2 LW today. It’s a surprisingly solid build, considering its material. No blade play at all. Open and close are smooth as best u could expect.

but personally I still prefer the G10 Manix. The full steel liner is not a overkill but a must have. Also the heavy weigh on handle make the knife very agile.

The SNK PM2 is really sexy.
I had this come in today as well...
202398-A6-4-C4-F-4-B83-8907-8-CDF7-ACB44-C9.jpg

Being on lock down at home has definitely made me buy a lot of knives online...I ordered a para 3 lightweight clip from Spyderco to put on the manix 2 lightweight. Hope it works out ok. One thing I wish the manic LW had was a factory deep carry clip.

but personally I still prefer the G10 Manix. The full steel liner is not a overkill but a must have.

Yeah, the liner-less LW is kind of scary to look down into, but it seems solid enough for any of my edc needs, and the weight difference between it and the G10 Manix2 is huge. I don't plan on skinning logs with either.

The Manix2 is at the upper size limit for edc for me, too.

Manix 2 for me. The sharp edge on the shaman handles killed it for me

Back