"Share & Share" giveaway--come on and take a free ride!

JTB_5

Gold Member
I've been trying to come up a with a good idea of a giveaway for a bit now, and I think I have struck on a pretty good idea. It isn't a new idea, and I believe it has been done before at least a few times, but nothing that I've seen recently, so I'd like to revive it with a new knife to share with a twist or two of my own. I'd like to see if we can have something that will last as long as the Mr. Knife's Box of Knives giveaway, or maybe even longer!

The idea is simple. This is an ongoing knife "sharing" opportunity. Anyone who would like to enter and is willing and able to follow the rules may participate.

Rules:
1. Each entrant will be put on a list. I think a minimum of 12 participants will be ideal, but we can have more than that--really as many as want to so long as we can all be patient and commit to stick around or at least communicate if we must bow out--so it will be open long enough to give folks a reasonable chance to join in the fun.
2. At the close of the giveaway I'll either use a randomizer or put the names in a hat and draw them to make up the order for the sharing. I'll PM the 1st entrant to get his or her address and send the knife for sharing.
3. When it is your turn, you must keep the knife for at least one week, but no longer than a month and you must commit to use the knife and take pictures to share in the thread (whence the "share & share").
4. After we exhaust the list the knife can be sent back to me and I'll decide to either a) start another round (if there is enough interest still), or b) offer the knife up for giveaway, or c) keep it for a future round when there is renewed interest.

The knife is a custom-made "sweatpants pocket carver" made by one our own resident knife-modification-wizards, Jason Ritchie, @Signalprick. The knife is the pen blade from a Charlie Campagna GEC #86 Black Jack set into black linen micarta handles with brass pins and a steel pivot. No liners means it is a feather and disappears in your pocket (in fact, be CAREFUL, because it is easy to forget that you are carrying it!). The length of the handle is modeled on the GEC #78 if I recall correctly, but it is thinner in breadth to accommodate the breadth of the pen blade--in short, it is a very comfortable knife to use.

327B7198-505F-4958-88A0-1E3272909A6C_1_105_c.jpeg

Feel free to ask any questions you have in the thread. I think I've accounted for the basics, but maybe I'm missing a consideration that needs to be decided upon. I look forward to getting this epic share & share started!

Sounds a lot like “Linus the Lambsfoot”. I had fun participating in that one. I’m sure this one will be fun! Just as a note, Linus has been out of circulation for quite a while. He’s not lost, but not circulating. Things happen, especially during this Covid-19. I’ll be happy to participate Joshua!
I’m in!

A while back @315 did a share and share type thing where he had us all make his new stockman into a used stockman. It was a lot of fun seeing all the places the knife traveled to. I would enjoy getting to participate in this share and share. It is a fun way to build a sense of community. Especially now in these pandemic times.

That little knife intrigues me so much I’ll play just to get a chance to use it for a small amount of time.

Back