Sharpest EDC

My out-of-box-sharpest:
BG-42 Sebenza
Black Bear Metro Razor.
Tom Krein's regrind on my HD-7 was beyond sharp!
My Leu Customs are my sharpest knives, period.

My sharpest blades are my carbon steel traditionals.

Of those I truly EDC, the edge goes to my Queen (Dan Burke) "Real Cattle Knife" in BG-42. It takes a great edge, and keeps it.

I've got others that would qualify, but they don't make it into the rotation often enough to call them EDC.

LFDVDtp.png

Zero Tolerance 0095S90BLK was very sharp, but sharpest was my Bailey Model 2 geek edition. CPM-154.

The sharpest traditional I have is an Ag Russell wharnie lockback..it's 8cr13mov but thing is sharpened proper and a laser. Good heat treat I've heard too... it's nice because I can beat the hell out of it and not care...I mostly collect traditional customs now and honestly most of them could be sharper (unused ones). My m4 pm2 was sharp sharp...Liong Mah eraser also notable.

My first Emerson (many, many years ago) was a CQC-11 with a Krein regrind. It was ridiculous. Today, my Shiro F95NL gets really sharp without going crazy acute. My Gayle Bradley 1 is another good one. And I can get pretty darned great working performance out of my Large Inkosi. MD/Laconico Keen also takes and edge that is quite, well, keen.

Adventure sworns have always been super sharp. Also, my gayle bradleys, but the one that takes the cake is the trm neutron.

I used to never carry anything that wasn't hair splitting sharp. I stopped because that edge went fast. I now carry a 600-800 grit edge that will shave armhair. I've found this to be most useful for me in all around EDC use.

I think I have the easiest time getting my M390 blades the sharpest. Not sure what it is.

All three of my RMJ s in 52100 get scary sharp easily. The sebenza 21 came ridiculously sharp. The benchmade bugout gets second place for a factory edge.

The sharpest I carry is probably my SAK executive. The main blade is damn sharp, but I stropped the smaller blade until it was literally sharp as a razor.

Sharpest I ever owned was either a SAK pioneer (I stropped it until it comfortably shaved) or a carbon steel opinel no 8

Back