Sharpmaker video: two thumbs up.

I came home from a trip yesterday and found the Sharpmaker video waiting for me on the doorstep. Good job, Sal. You seem quite comfortable in front of the camera. Any plans to run this as an "info-mercial" on cable TV? If I were you, I'd get ready for a huge flood of orders. Stand back, everyone. Here comes another truckload of money.
smile.gif

By the way, I was pleased to see the knife ads at the end of the video.

David Rock

Thanx David. Immediate plans are to make a dealer video showing some of the 204 video and the commercials. These will be able to run in the store (if they choose).

Money...you mean we're also supposed to make money? That is much harder to do.

sal

Hi, Received my Sharpmaker video!
Well Done!!!! Very easy to understand and follow..BTW the 204 is GREAT!
Running out of knives to sharpen.
P.S. Don't send any...

BTW Sal you look very relaxed in front of the camera! Something we should know about???

[This message has been edited by netcruiser (edited 08 September 1999).]

Dang nabbit! I forgot to send in my registration card for my 204. No wonder the video hasn't shown up. It's going in the mail today. Thanks for posting this thread!

Ray

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

I recently purchased a 204 from the BF.com
store.There is no product registration card in the packaging.
The offer for the free video is there but no warr.card.
What do I need to send for instructional video?

How/Where can I get the video? I've already got the older Sharpmaker, which I am quite happy with...But I would like to watch the new video though.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

so lemme get this straight- i buy the 204 and i get the video free?

how fast am i gonna have to act to get in on this deal?

(i just blew my knife budget on a cool blue native)

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

Rich - the video comes with the Sharpmaker. The early deliveries didn't include the video because we were behind in production of the video and didn't want to wait on the sharpmaker, so we put a notice in each of the Sharpmakerws that didn't have a video. They could get the video, free, by sending in the card. Now the Sharpmakers are being shipped with the video.
sal

My VHS is dead... thanks to my daughter.
smile.gif

BUT...
I'm waiting for the video as well (thanks Sal, and Danelle!) so I'll have an excuse to have the dang thing fixed! Talk about looking for an excuse! But I have to admit, it's a GOOD excuse! hehehe!

Looking forward to receiving the video!
smile.gif

Dan

Just got it today and love seeing Sal in the flesh. I expected a different look. Won't tell you what I did expect. ;-) BTW Sal gives great tips that aren't in the book.

Thanks again.

Received mine yesterday!Thanks to all at Spyderco!

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

I bought a sharpmaker at blade show west. WOW!! If I would have known all the things it will sharpen I would have bought one a long time ago. The video was very well done.

Shawn

Sal
What about us on the old continent? I bought sharpmaker 204 and got that free video note...

But:
Will spyderco send that video for free to europe too?
Would that video work in european VCRs? In USA you have different video standard than we in europe - PAL vs. NTSC???

My video arrived yesterday as well. I didn't have time to watch the full instructional portion but, out of curiosity, I did FF to the commercials at the end. I thought they were very well done. Sal, is there any feedback you can share from the markets in which these ran?

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

PAL and NTSC are broadcast standards. They don't effect video tapes. But, the tape player will need to be compatible with the TV.

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

Actually, Codeman, that's not correct. When recording to a tape, the encoding remains... NTSC, PAL, SECAM, etc... If he has a PAL only VCR, he won't be able to view an NTSC tape. (Well, he could, but it'd be black & white, scattered, and the sound wouldn't work... basically unviewable).

In Asia, most TVs and VCRs are multi-system, and can playback pretty much any tape out there. My feeling is that in Europe, the majority of players are just PAL... but for a few dollars more you can get a multisystem.

I've yet to see anything but NTSC-only systems in the US, though.

Tommi - I understand that the PAL versions just came in. I also understand there were quite a few of them.

Yes, we'll be sending the PAL video to you in Europe. You are a Spyderco customer aren't you?

sal

Back