Shop updates and pics

Woah o_O.

Was this post-heat treat? I.e. could it be a heat treat problem?

You use Peters don't you? I'd be interested to hear what they think.

Were you putting it under stress at the time or just holding it?

Woah o_O.

Was this post-heat treat? I.e. could it be a heat treat problem?

You use Peters don't you? I'd be interested to hear what they think.

Were you putting it under stress at the time or just holding it?
I was just holding it.

I looked at if for 5 minutes.
I thought I was actually hallucinating.

Never broken a blade before.
Yes it was post HT.
I'm currently looking into what happened.

Have you done any more "destruction testing" on the broken bits? ... Just to determine if the whole piece of steel stock is brittle, or if it was just in that one spot?

Something similar happened to Hunter Martin (Huntsman Knife Co) with Nitro V (link to bladeforums post), he said it was "rare nitrogen inclusions that formed due to the HT protocol used"

Have you done any more "destruction testing" on the broken bits? ... Just to determine if the whole piece of steel stock is brittle, or if it was just in that one spot?

Something similar happened to Hunter Martin (Huntsman Knife Co) with Nitro V (link to bladeforums post), he said it was "rare nitrogen inclusions that formed due to the HT protocol used"
I have not done any more destructive testing.
It will be sent to Peter's on friday or Saturday for analysis.

I do Remember that issue he had. Very odd.

Personal carry Apex.
Listed it on the exchange with no bites.
$250 and it's yours. Need it gone.
S90V
62-63HRC
Gl hansen Hansen micarta OD Green and black.
Kydex sheath.
Ulticlip.Screenshot_20190825-012659_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20190825-012647_Gallery.jpg
*tried cropping the photo but it wont upload the cropped version.

Dude!! Congrats!!!! That's awesome. Who is the lucky lady?? And more importantly........ which knife are you going to wear on your wedding day? :D
Thank you!
And wow I didnt even think of that. It's been a whirlwind the past few days. I dont have many folders, but I will pick something!

As for my Fiance her Name is Yetzia.
We pretty much knew from the time we met.

Thank you!
And wow I didnt even think of that. It's been a whirlwind the past few days. I dont have many folders, but I will pick something!

As for my Fiance her Name is Yetzia.
We pretty much knew from the time we met.

What's this talk of folders? Of course you should make a pair of 'wedding knives', one for each of you. :cool::cool:

Back