• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Should DocBart be allowed back?

DocBart was banned from the forums because of some bad deals several months ago. He's asked to be reinstated as a posting member.

I don't care either way - I just want to make sure that there are no outstanding problems with him still before he's allowed back. Does anyone have any objections?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Hey Spark,
Only if he cleared up all his bad deals and made good on them. And at the first sign of a scam, boot him again. Guess he found out that BF is the place to be.
My .02
Dave

------------------
Dave (Phil.4:13)
I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me
Lifter at work: www.profitness.com/Profiles/profileDaveAbramson

I was one of the 'screwees' of Doc's. The money amount he promised but never paid is small, although still outstanding. His apology is also still missing. And an excuse for the nasty and obscene emails after being reported to G, B, & U is still overdue. He also tried to deal here with another name after the original deals went south.

If the general populace doesn't mind having someone like that in their midst, I'm not going to hold the grudge. Just don't be surprised if he treats you like he treated me!

Apology to and make good on the money to all involved.Then maybe.Better yet make the "screwees" make the decision.
My .02

------------------

have a"knife"day

NO.

He demonstated 0 compunction.
This should have never have happened in the first place. We are supposed to be ADULTS and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Personally, I hate putting anyone in the "VICTIM " role and I believe you can't change the spots on a Leopard if you get my drift.
Just my .02 cents

Thank you

------------------
"Though a man should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle,
He who conquers himself is the greatest warrior."

"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

last winter i was involved in several deals with docbart that did not come to fruition until mid spring....there were all sorts of bull s**t excuses including a phoney email from his supposed daughter blaming herself for the tardiness of the goods but the deals finally went through and the goods were as described except one (a small sebbie that was supposed to be nib that had obviously been handled as the anodization of the blue thumb lug was well worn off and almost absent and the knife had been possibly carried but the blade was primo mint with the reeve razor edge and the sebbie came with box and papers but the tissue reeve wraps his blades in was missing...i did not bother with sending it back or messing with it any longer...it had taken long enough for him to provide an item that was less than described so i figured he would take for ever and possibly never to refund my money....as far as i am concerned he did make an attempt at providing the goods for our deal but he was dishonest not only in misrepresenting the sebbie but also in delaying the shipment for over two months for an item that he was supposed to have on hand....what do you have when you sober up a drunk horse thief?----you still have a horse thief......just my .02 cents worth....i personally think we should let his past actions and dishonesty speak for itself......feverdoc

Ok, here's the deal. I just got an email from Docbart responding to my post above. He says he cleared up any problems he had except jbravo for which he gives lame excuses. He couldn't have known that jbravo and I are friends offline as we're both from Jersey so I'll get the real story from him.
Anyway, he says he cleared his problems with Tamishigiri(which was a good idea from what I hear of this gentleman) and has had no other bad deals with anyone.
Is it true? Anybody else have a situation? Speak up.
Docbart-when you read this don't email me anymore, we don't have anything to talk about.

People build up a level of trust here and we don't need ratbags around. I think if he's behaved badly before then it'll happen again. I wouldn't expect to be welcomed back if I'd screwed up some deals. Just my 3 cents (thats the Aussie dollar for ya)

If it comes down to a vote, I'll vote both ways. Seriously, let the screwees make this decision.

------------------
"I fought the law and the law won".

Well, I should receive my knife from him today. If it's as described, then the deal went off without a hitch. I'd say, if he's allowed back, he should be expected to ship first, and supply a confirmation number when doing so, for a while anyway.

-AR

i have received four emails from docbart regarding my post above....after the first email, i responded via private email and asked him not to send me anymore emails...since then (last night) he has sent three more.....DOCBART I AM PUBLICALLY ASKING YOU TO STOP SENDING ME EMAILS AND HARRASSING ME....guys, he hasn't changed....let all who choose to deal with him beware if he is let back into this forum...thank you...feverdoc

Even if he makes good on the above mentioned, it's MHO that he has done so under duress, motivated only by his desire to get back his posting privileges.

Not good enough for me. I vote nay.

Feverdoc, in my last post above, I also asked him to not email me, but he did. He says if I ask jbravo the real story, I'll get bs. So, I'm supposed to believe him over someone I know to be an honest man??? Still the same.

I'm sure Docbart has had many good dealings here at Bladeforums.I've never personally had dealings with him,nor would I ever.
However;How a person handles a problem with a deal is what matters.The posts I'm reading presently and what I've read before,suggest that its a crap shoot to deal with this gentleman. He hasn't satisfactorily handled some deals.It also sounds like he may not be handling himself in a mature manner.If someone asks not to be e-mailed,than the person should respect that persons wishes.My two cents,Ralph

One last thought,Tis the season to be giving and forgiving,and ultimetly the decision is for Spark and Mike.I will support the decision either way,holding no ill will towards Docbart,other than not dealing with him in any business transactions in the future.If you give this gentleman another chance,if he screws up again,it is easy enough to ban him again permantly.There's enough info posted on his past problems to let members decide for themself whether or not to give him another chance by making a deal with him.Chow,Ralph

[This message has been edited by TOMBSTONE (edited 12-06-2000).]

Feverdoc and lifter... a while back I heard this guy was sending a virus around too. I don't know if its true but I'd get a virus scan if your not protected just for safety sake.

I have never had dealings with this person, and by the replies of some of the people who have, some things still haven't been resolved. So, if you are interested in my opinion, I say keep him off. If by chance you do let him back in, I know that I will never deal with him. I also think that many others won't either.

Ultimately it is up to you Spark, and I would imagine you will get the heat if he does it again.Good Luck!

<center>
wreath_merrychristmas_lg_clr.gif
</center>

------------------
us_marine_corps_md_clr.gif
BC... For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know... Semper Fi

[This message has been edited by narruc1 (edited 12-06-2000).]

i couldn't agree with you more lifter....feverdoc

ps.....virus scan is clean so far

[This message has been edited by feverdoc (edited 12-06-2000).]

Back