Which one would you buy?

• ZT0562ti

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Hinderer xm 3"

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
For $100 I would pick the original, ie the Hinderer

i have or had the 0550, 0562cf and 0393

i have a half track and a slippy and I am planning to get a cm-18 3.5’’ (not skinny)

Gen 6 XM-18 3.5”, it’s my favorite knife at the moments. I added a horse logo Ti DLC scale and have some bronze hardware coming today for it. With the bearings it flips better than the ZTs and just overall better build quality. I had two skinnies and sold them both because they were just way to skinny.

BellaBlades

Gold Member
I feel the Gen 4 RHK were best. The Gen 6 with bearings are just basically overpriced ZT imo. I'd get the ZT 0562 for half the price.

Alpha556

Gold Member
With the prices of hinderers nearing $300 on the secondary I believe that is where the real value is at. Zts are good knives but they are a step down imo.

ferider

Gold Member
If at all possible, try to handle them both before buying. Love my Hinderers, but except for one, they have blades >= 3.5". And the single shorter one (an XM18 3" WC) is really hard to handle with my hands. I've nicked my thumb 3 times so far when closing it one handed ... something about the 6th generation strong detent and the overall (for me) tiny knife. Now, give me an XM-18 3.5" or an XM-24 over any ZT, any time. Most of my XMs (also the tri-ways) run on PB washers, BTW, one of the reason I love them.

Zero Tolerance. Haved owned both, the ZT is still in the collection. Great blade, ergos, action, plus the deep carry clip.

shunsui

Gold Member
This thread needs pix.
piTGdDP.jpg

The ZT 562Ti is remarkably nice. I like it a LOT better than the CF/G10 versions. I just ordered a plain 562Ti on a good Black Friday deal. Too good to pass up.
The skinny XM-18 is actually smaller and lighter than the 562Ti. It's a little too small for me. I prefer the skinny XM-24 (no tri-way on that one).
The Koenig special from USA Made Blade is the nicest IMHO.

Got a ZT0562TI for $180 during the thanksgiving weekend. It’s pretty hard to beat at that price.

South paw draw

Yep.....I'm a idiot.
If you had ask this question 4-5 years ago I would have said go ZT. And up in tell about a month ago I would has still lend to the ZT. But I'm a lefty and you cant carry a hinderer correctly in the left pocket. But I talked with a modder, freind and fellow blade forum member @WValtakis and he assured me he could mill in a pocket and tap in threads for left hand carry. So with that said if cost isn't an issue and carring left handed isn't your problem, as it was mine, get the hinderer 6 gen. For $100 more why not have the real deal. You could always pick up a ZT if you like the hinderer and want to see if the ZT is as good. The hard part is dropping the big cash first. So much easier to pick up the lesser expensive one the second time around. 5 years ago I went ZT 0561. great knife. Still have it.

South paw draw

Yep.....I'm a idiot.
This thread needs pix.
piTGdDP.jpg

The ZT 562Ti is remarkably nice. I like it a LOT better than the CF/G10 versions. I just ordered a plain 562Ti on a good Black Friday deal. Too good to pass up.
The skinny XM-18 is actually smaller and lighter than the 562Ti. It's a little too small for me. I prefer the skinny XM-24 (no tri-way on that one).
The Koenig special from USA Made Blade is the nicest IMHO.
I agree but mine are of old discontinued ZT 0561's 20191016_204855.jpg