Should I get a Lionspy?

I love my lionspy, but since I got it in a trade the price was not as much of an issue. It is a fantastic user, and I love the rotolock feature. I do think it is a bit overpriced, since you can get an SR1 for not much more, but if you can get one used or on sale I would go for it. Fit and finish on mine is very good but not perfect, but since I actually use it I don't care. The lockup is rock solid and it cuts like dream with very good edge holding, and a very comfortable handle. If you want a large, tank-like solid, but not too huge and heavy folder that really cuts and slices well it is a good choice.

I'm looking at buying the Subrosa for my next Benchmade, how do you like it? It seems like the perfect EDC because of its light weight and large blade.
I love my subrosa but, I really like assisted opening knives and tip down carry seems that some people don't if you are one of those people then you probably won't like it much.

As far as the price goes I can get a pretty good deal on the lionspy but returning it won't be an option but I could probably get my money back if I decided to sell it.

I love my Lionspy and would personally recommend it but I would suggest you try the pocket clip out before you buy it. It rides really low in the pocket and it's small so in turn very inconspicuous. It is however incredibly tight and can be really hard to get out of you pocket so if that's not an issue go for it.

I just got my Lionspy from Cutlery Shoppe yesterday and mine is as perfect as they get. I'm really stoked about this knife. Just a fantastic overall folder for me.

I love my Lionspy and would personally recommend it but I would suggest you try the pocket clip out before you buy it. It is however incredibly tight and can be really hard to get out of you pocket so if that's not an issue go for it.

I have a Lionspy. I bent the clip out a little bit, it goes in and out of the pocket just as easily as any other knife now.

I don't know why Spyderco made the clip soo tight. No logical reason that I can think of.

If you have a Lionspy bend the clip out a little.....you'll like the knife much better IMO.

It's a physically large knife. Much too large for my casual EDC. If I lived in the woods, maybe.
Sonny

Except for being wider, it's about the same blade length and overall length as the VECP

Here are some comparison pictures:

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

Last edited:
Back