Show Me Your Apocalypse Arsenal

This rule applies to ANY polymer framed gun where the frame can flex under recoil, not just Glocks ^^^^^

He's just hatin. Legend has it he has stripped a few nekid & lubed em though out of the kindness of his glock hating heart.

The light issue was with 40 glocks. Nevertheless I would test it with at least 200rds.

This rule applies to ANY polymer framed gun where the frame can flex under recoil, not just Glocks ^^^^^

Don't want to be argumentative but that's not even close to being true buddy. The problem was mainly with Glock 40's but did effect some 10mm's as well. The issue didn't even effect all Glocks little less all polymer framed pistols. That's rumor mill type stuff bro!!

Hmm thanks guys -- I've heard that it's been an issue with a small percentage of 40 cal Glocks. Didn't know there are reports of 10 mm malfunctions. The problem is the reports of failure with those pistols with streamlight lights on them got gradually worse to the point that when the light mount was taken off -- problems continued. I'll test mine at the range -- I just hope this light attachment isn't gradually killing my Glock 20 -- which I love

If you do have problems start with using a heavier magazine spring and see if that helps....cheap place to start. Onwards and upwards fellas!! I might just have to post what I keep in my jeep today for the looming apocalypse-

Don't want to be argumentative but that's not even close to being true buddy. The problem was mainly with Glock 40's but did effect some 10mm's as well. The issue didn't even effect all Glocks little less all polymer framed pistols. That's rumor mill type stuff bro!!

The rule being….. don't assume it's good to go but rather test it for yourself with the ammo you intend to run for defense.

You can assume any given light will work with any given polymer framed pistol, but assumptions are not a good practice when your life hangs in the balance. It was assumed that there was not a problem with hanging a light off GLock 40 until it was *proven* to be problematic.

You need to know that it will work for you, not just that assume your pistol/light combo is G2G from somebody else personal account. Unless you've done sufficient testing to know 100% that personal gear good to go, I would not assume anything.

All polymer frames flex to varying degrees when fired, so this is something I would check on any polymer pistol I purchased to be used for social work. Only you can test your exact pistol/light combo to verify this, it's not good enough IMO to hear it worked for others with a similar configuration..…. but as always YMMV.

Last edited:
I know a lot of guys who have lights of some type on their glocks and no problems, but that's not to say it couldn't and I don't know it it matters but most of them have stainless guide rods? I've used a lot of guns for work but I am not an expert. I'd do as others said and run some ammo though it and see if you have any issues. But I'd say your gonna end up good to go!

AR marked is slowing down. Keep your eyes peeled for ammo and armament deals. Gunbot is a great website...

Does anybody know what the approximate wait time is on an SBR form for the ATF? Just a rough estimate! Anybody??

Last edited:
Mark I know you know the answer to my question above^^^

It's been taking about 7-9 months lately for standard stamps not trusts or e-filing.

Pat beat me to it. Form 1, not e-filing, seems to have the typical NFA wait. For form 1s definitely e-file, I've heard some people getting them back in 3 months or less.

Hopefully e-filing form 1s cuts down the wait on form 4s, hopefully I'll be papering a Silencerco 7.62 Saker soon. Last time I did a can (2012), I got it back 6 days shy of 6 months, my form actually got back the day the world was supposed to end.

So forgive my dumbness.....but the e-filing is simply filing the forms electronically correct? Why would anyone not use e-file? Also, assuming your local LEO will sign your form, there is no need to go the trust route correct? I would hate to have to go to all the trouble of contacting a lawyer and all that. I just want to fill out the form, pay for the gun, pay the $200, and wait.

E-filing goes up and it also goes down. Currently (AFAIK) form 1s and form 3s can be e-filed, form 4s are a no go and probably won't be available again for a long time.

So forgive my dumbness.....but the e-filing is simply filing the forms electronically correct? Why would anyone not use e-file? Also, assuming your local LEO will sign your form, there is no need to go the trust route correct? I would hate to have to go to all the trouble of contacting a lawyer and all that. I just want to fill out the form, pay for the gun, pay the $200, and wait.

You need to be a trust, LLC, or corp. in order to use the efile system. I highly recommend the trust route, it's a small investment that makes things easier, you don't need CLEO signature, fingerprints, and you can add family and friends to the trust that would be allowed to be in possession of any NFA item in the trust.

Right now, efiled form 1's are taking right at a month, :)

This is a great website to see how long wait times are running

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Last time I spoke with the ATF they said they wanted to do a couple things with the trust route, not sure how quick they wanted to do anything or if the "higher ups" had any short term plans.

Oh wow! It seems as though about June of this year they have REALLY sped up the process using the e-file system. Okay cool, thanks guys! Well since I have you all here, if I wanted to buy an SBR using the trust that you all speak of. What steps do I take to accomplish that and how much of an "investment" are we talking about other than the $200 tax stamp to Uncle Sam?

Oh wow! It seems as though about June of this year they have REALLY sped up the process using the e-file system. Okay cool, thanks guys! Well since I have you all here, if I wanted to buy an SBR using the trust that you all speak of. What steps do I take to accomplish that and how much of an "investment" are we talking about other than the $200 tax stamp to Uncle Sam?

I found a lawyer in my state doing trusts for $325, that's a really good deal for a trust specific to a state, each state has its own trust laws. There's a well respected trust lawyer out of Florida that does trusts for all states, he will cost you a bit more though. Most trusts can be completed in a week or less, mine was done in three days.

After you have your trust, you will need to find a dealer in your state to purchase, or have an SBR transfered to, or you can build it yourself, save some time, money, and having to use a dealer.

Ahh the hoops we jump through to exercise our rights, remember that on Election Day!

Back